WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Alpharetta
Charleston, South Carolina
“Clean and Comfortable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

We had our class reunion at this hotel so my wife and I stayed here for 2 nights. Check in and check out were quick and easy. Our room was a decent size with a nice tv but the bathroom is kind of small. There is an indoor and outdoor pool area and, luckily for us, it seemed like the kids liked the indoor pool better so we were able to relax outside. The lobby is nice and open and there are a lot of tables in the bar area. The location is great as it is right off of 400. The only thing keeping me from giving it 5 stars is the size of the bathroom.

I would like to make a special mention about one of the employees, William, who I believe works in security. We were at the pool at 11:00 Friday night when the pool closed and William nicely let us stay out there for a little while longer to finish our drinks. The next day, we were sitting in the same spot and he came over to talk to us and even went inside to bring a plastic cup for my wife to drink her wine. As we were checking out Sunday morning, I realized I forgot to put some ice in our cooler for the drive home. I went inside and ran into him again and told him what I was doing. He said the ice machines on the floors were unavailable right now so he took me back in the kitchen area to use their ice machine. He is a really nice guy who went out of his way to help us a couple of times. This type of customer service is rare and was very much appreciated.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mark V, Director of Hotel Operations at Atlanta Marriott Alpharetta, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
We really appreciate all of the positive feedback about your recent stay at the Alpharetta Marriott Hotel. Thanks so much for acknowledging William’s outstanding guest service. He is truly a stellar associate who always goes out of his way to keep all of our guests safe while providing the highest level of customer service. You can be assured that I will share your kind words with him. Thanks again for staying with us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

Went for a "in-town get-a-way" - and was rather disappointed.

The restaurant was overpriced and food just average. Breakfast buffet for $20?! Meatloaf was good at dinner, Chicken was average. I ordered a $5 al a carte bowl of oatmeal at breakfast and was told to get it off the breakfast buffet - it was terrible lumpy and gooey from sitting on the steam table. I was afraid of that which is why I had ordered it al a carte so hoping it would be made fresh. Rooms small - but you have to expect that at a older Marriott. Room was clean.

Staff was hit or miss. Bartender was friendly, as were most of the servers at dinner and breakfast.

Had a couple of issues: 1. Purchased headache medication at the gift shop. I noticed it was expired (almost a year past the expiration date). I pointed this out to the lady at the front desk - she said "Oh, well I just took some and I am fine". What happened to "I am sorry, let me take that off your bill and let you return the item"? 2. We specifically wanted to relax and watch a movie in the room - we have two small children and getting to a movie theater for anything but a Disney movie is now rare for us. "Argo" was listed - but when we went to buy it (for $17) it was listed as "not available", so we went with "The Hobbit" ($15) - it was so blurry it could not be watched. I called the front desk and they did remove this from the bill. This put a damper on our stay in and relax plans.

Overall for the price this was not what we expected nor up to Marriott's usual standards. Next time we will drive in to Atlanta to the hotels we usually go to for our staycation get-a-ways.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Mark V, Director of Hotel Operations at Atlanta Marriott Alpharetta, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
I am very happy that we were able to resolve all of your issues from your stay with us to your satisfaction. I also truly appreciate the additional feedback that you provided to me about how we might improve our hotel experience. Thanks again for giving our hotel a chance to make sure that you left the Alpharetta Marriott 100% satisfied. It is only through your feedback that we can continue to improve your future guest experience. I look forward to meeting you the next time that you visit our hotel.
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

There was a lot going on at the hotel the night we stayed: a huge wedding party staying there plus a fraternity alumni formal. So we were not able to check in until 3pm despite calling twice and being assured by the front desk that our room would be ready by noon (not) and then by 1:30 (not again). We had to park off property at a neighboring office building.

• Stayed June 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Mark V, Director of Hotel Operations at Atlanta Marriott Alpharetta, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Please accept my apology for the service failures that you encountered during your stay. The weekend that you were here was a very busy one at the Alpharetta Marriott Hotel. I can promise you that we will use your feedback to continue to improve your future experience. Thanks again for staying with us and we hope to see you again very soon.
Concord, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

The hotel here was very clean with outstanding amenities. The service was outstanding and the pool area both indoor and outdoor outstanding. We were very happy and would stay here again. The beds were great and the room spacious with a fridge. The only thing that made if 4 instead of 5 was charging for internet which is just not necessary this day in age. It was more than it even costs on an airplane.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks so much for all of your positive comments about your stay at the Alpharetta Marriott Hotel. We are really proud to provide you with a first class product and service. We hope to see you again very soon!
Holland, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

Nice common area, very fast elevators. Rooms are cramped (we had a 1K), Bathroom very clean (toilet in an very awkward position) but enough counter space. Great rate on the weekend. Price for a domestic beer at the bar was absurd as was the $12/day WIFI charge and the $6 bottled water on the room. We are HHonors & we get this gratis. Address for hotel is Windward but entrance is not-be careful cause Garmin may put you back on 400N

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank RFord
Mark V, Director of Hotel Operations at Atlanta Marriott Alpharetta, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
We always try to provide an outstanding value and really appreciate your business. Your feedback is critical to our continued success so be assured that we will review it with our team. Thanks again for staying with us. We look forward to seeing you again the next time that you visit the Alpharetta area.
Northville, MI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

My husband and I just returned from a long weekend trip to ATL for a wedding and stayed at this Marriott. Great location, just off of the freeway, yet in a really lovely area. As soon as we walked into the lobby we knew we'd have a good stay. First - this Marriott uses the same "scent" in its lobby area as the Wynn/Wynn Encore in Vegas - clean, fresh and not at all pefume-y. Promptly greeted by the door man, concierge and front desk staff. All were very friendly and sincerely nice. Our room wasn't ready yet, but the nice young woman at the front desk found another room that was ready and we were able to check in early. Nice rooms - small like most Marriotts - but nice beds, clean, well-appointed. The view was less than desirable, but since we didn't have a balcony to sit out on, we didn't mind overlooking the lower rooftop with the air conditioning units. No noise to speak of, so it was fine.

I would've given this location five stars except for a couple of things: first - in this day and age, to charge $12.95 per day for WiFi is nuts. So many business travellers visit this spot. I'm just sayin' - for heaven's sake, give us some WiFi please! My only other "complaint" is the $2 for a paper cup of Starbucks coffee that I have no idea when it was brewed, but believe me, didn't feel like a Starbucks. Luckily, there are several Starbucks locations within a stone's throw from this Marriott.

This place is definitely on our "stay" list when we visit the Atlanta area!

Room Tip: Ask for extra towels when you check in.....
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mark V, Director of Hotel Operations at Atlanta Marriott Alpharetta, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to review your stay with us at the Alpharetta Marriott Hotel. We do appreciate all of your outstanding feedback about our product and service. I wanted you to know that we do offer free Wi-Fi in our lobby space as an option to the in-room fee. You can also be assured that we follow the same preparation standards at our Starbucks as other locations. I would be happy to treat you to a cup the next time that you visit us. Thanks again for choosing to stay with us!
Eufaula, Alabama
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

We were celebrating a friend's 40th b-day for the weekend & the first thing was at check in when they couldn't get our rooms close together. Then, Everywhere you turn their are little girls with the American Girl dolls. Friday and Saturday night they were having parties in the ballrooms(sweet sixteen, Bar Mitzvah's, etc.) We all gathered in the bar while waiting for everyone & all you heard & saw was kids running around screaming. We could hardly have a conversation.

Rooms were clean but small, decent size bathroom, grounds were clean & nice. No refrigerator in room.I didn't eat breakfast but some of my friends did & said it was good but expensive.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Mark V, Director of Hotel Operations at Atlanta Marriott Alpharetta, responded to this review, June 1, 2013
Please accept my apology for your less than stellar experience at the Alpharetta Marriott Hotel. I agree that our hotel is a busy weekend venue, but you can be sure that we work hard to see that all of our guests have an excellent experience. I would be happy to speak with you about your stay at your convenience. Be assured that your satisfaction continues to be our #1 goal. Thanks so much for sharing your feedback with us.