“American Girl Night Stay”

Atlanta Marriott Alpharetta
Ranked #6 of 26 Hotels in Alpharetta
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We just came home from a wonderful weekend stay at The Alpharetta Marriott. We were here to celebrate our girls' birthdays. We did the deluxe American Girl stay. This is our third time staying for the AG night. From the moment our girls checked in at the special AG check in, we knew it was going to be a wonderful stay. Everyone at the hotel was extremely friendly. Anna Petry and Mark Vanwagenen went out of their way to make sure our stay was wonderful. Thank you. If you have girls who love American Girls, this is a must. From check in, pink room, pink robes, beds for the dolls that you can take home, a fun pool, a delicious breakfast and all the other little things the Alpharetta Marriott does, this truly is a very special memory to do with your daughter or granddaughter. I truly can't say enough wonderful things about this hotel. We will be back. Thank for for a fantastic weekend.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Tom B, General Manager at Atlanta Marriott Alpharetta, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

We appreciate your great comments about our very favorite package in Alphareatta, American Girl Deluxe! We also appreciate our repeat guests more than you know. We agree that Anna and Mark V are awesome associates and all of our associates love hosting the American Girls. We look forward to your fourth visit and many more spcial memories with your girls'!

Reviewed March 6, 2013

This is a stretch for some but whenever I have to go back to Alpharetta for a business trip, I often find myself in Marriott. Good service and nice rooms.

The mall is just across the street and there is a good jogging path around the area. Breakfast is okay but I dont mind as long as I got some coffee.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Thanks for your comments and we want to make the Atlanta Marriott Alpharetta your home away from home when you travel. We appreciate your comments about the good service and nice newly renovated rooms. Also, don't forget, for your next visit make it a Starbuck's coffee in our lobby coffee bar!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed here 1 night for the American Girl Doll package for two girls. The girls absolutely loved the experience and it was certainly a great value. The hotel staff was super with acknowledging the package. Breakfast buffet was also a great value for a family of 4.

I am dinging the location slightly as there is not a lot in the immediate area of the hotel, it seems to be more business oriented. We got a room with two double beds, which can be tight for a family of 4 when the kids are not under the age of 6. I do not know if the AG doll package gives options for slightly larger beds but it wasn't available to us at the time of booking.

The pool looked a decent size and kept up but we were unable to enjoy it due to a lack of planning on my part (no suits!).

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Kelli....We are glad your girls loved their experience and that, as parents, you found it a great value. We truly try to customize each package for every guest. Also we agree with you that we have a super hotel team and we enjoy the American Girl experience as much as the guests we serve. We can do the packages with one King size bed and a roll in princess bed or two double beds. Thanks again for your comments and we look forward to your next American Girl package experience. Don't forget we have a Birthday upgrade as well.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

We decided to stay here as part of a get-away near-town weekend. Usually we look for upscale accommodations and amenities, and some romantic touches are always welcome. Alas, this one provided some romance-squashing vibes with its 'American Girl Experience'.

The Marriott's I've stayed at many times in the past are always a solid choice. This one is no exception, as the rooms were clean, well-appointed, and nicely arranged. The public spaces were welcoming and the service I've come to expect was quite good.

The down-side for our experience was the 'American Girl Experience'. The first give-away was the pink-roped check-in line at the front counter. The next was finding out that rooms throughout the hotel are outfitted with garish pink covers and other 'American Girl' (AG) nonsense. According to the check-in staff, you can't get a normally-equipped room on a floor that does not also include rooms with the AG stuff -- so you run the high probability of running into pre-pubescent girls everywhere you go.

And young girls and their parents and siblings were everywhere...running amok in their PJ's enjoying the events and amenities geared just to their AG fantasies. I was reminded of McDonald's successful 'Happy Meal' marketing -- get the kids in with toys and you get the parents in for a burger as well. It obviously works. The hotel was very full of locals for a Saturday night. Further, the breakfast the following morning was so crowded with kids that we seriously considered leaving early to avoid the pandemonium.

Please understand that I'm not knocking the girls or the AG experience at the Marriott. Odds are that I would have considered it as a worthy experience for my own daughter when she was of 'that age'.

However, I would suggest that if you are looking for a quieter hotel for any reason -- business or romance -- look elsewhere.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

We are sorry that your get-away near town experience was not what you inteneded. We strive to make sure all of our guest experiences special. I have met with our leadership team and working on solutions to the challenges you experienced. If you contact me directly I will work to find you the get-away with one of our properties if you do not want to come back and visit us. Thanks for taking the time to write you review and again we want all our guests moments to be special.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

We went to the Marriott as part of my daughters 7th birthday. She has been dying to go to the American Girl store and we noticed this hotel had an accompanying lodging experience.

The room itself is nice but not anything out of the norm for a normal Marriott. What made it great was the effort the staff took to make this experience fun for the girls.

We had been at the American Girl Store most of the day and were pretty tired. When we walked in, there was a special check-in area for American Girl guests. They checked in my daughter and her doll and gave her a lot a crown and wand, welcome card that was personalized , and a gift card for use in snack shop. It was little stuff but she thought the personal attention was really neat.

When we walked into our room everything was Pink. For a little girl, it was heaven. The best thing was there were matching robes for our daughter and her doll as well as a special bed for her doll that she was able to keep. At night, milk and cookies were delivered to the room ( although not great cookies ) Finally, there was an American girl movie playing downstairs all the girls could go attend in their PJ's.

All in all, they really made an effort for all the American Girl guests. It's close to the store and it was only about $130. Well done.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ericsvision

Thanks for the great comments about our staff. We try to make each American Girl experience special for all of the families. We find that the girls like the check in and the pink room with the Deluxe package the best. Thanks also for your comments about the cookies. We have already looked into this and are finding solutions... so your post helped us, thank you!

Reviewed February 12, 2013

I stayed at this property for one night on a weekend. I enjoyed my stay and have nothing negative to say about the property. The staff were courteous and the rooms were well laid out. The concierge lounge was open on the weekend and it had some nice snacks laid out; Another nice little treat.

This hotel seems to be a mix of business and pleasure, as they had a seperate pink check-in line for little girls. I assume their is something major around here that attracts young children; perhaps a shopping mall or something.

Entrance into the hotel is a little tricky. You can see the hotel from the highway, but if you take a wrong turn you can quickly find yourself having to drive ten miles to fix your mistake. Parking can get crowded and there is no garage, so I would recommend locking up your car and hiding your valuables as the parking lot did not have any security or well lit areas.

Overall I give the hotel four stars. I would come back again if business required it. The lounge was nice and the restaurant had a good selection. Pay attention to promotions they run; If you are staying here for awhile you can get some good discounts off at the restaurant.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo

Thanks for your review and the comments about our team members! We do have a great mall, North Point Mall, just a few miles from us. Also many great restaurants in the area as well, inlcuding our own Vidalia's, which it sounds like you enjoyed. We look forward to serving you again soon!

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Overall a great property. Staff was friendly and room was clean and comfortable. Make sure you have your key with the sticker if you go to the concierge - otherwise the woman won't let you eat anything (I watched her try to send away a husband because his wife had the sticker and he didn't....until he explained he was her husband) However, no bringing colleagues to meet you for breakfast - they won't be allowed in.

Also, as an FYI - GPS had me make a U turn, at which point, I missed the hotel entrance. Make sure you turn into the entrance with the small Marriott sign.

Room Tip: they have 2 floors for concierge rooms, so make sure you request the floor with the lounge, if you...