“Very nice hotel in good location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Atlanta Marriott Alpharetta

Atlanta Marriott Alpharetta
Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in Alpharetta
Orlando, Florida
“Very nice hotel in good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights with my kids while visiting relatives in Atlanta. My concern was safety, convenience & cleanliness, all which were easily met. The indoor pool was a big hit with the kids and the hot tub was also nice and clean. The "gift shop" had sundries that we could grab coming in and out, and the location was close to the highway and easy to get to. The lobby area was beautiful with flat screen tvs, and the staff was very friendly. Nice visit at a very nice hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Charlotte, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

This hotel goes all out for the American Girl experience. Upon check-in, the girls walk the PINK carpet and are attended to with service that is customized to each individual girl and her doll. They receive a special gift and a treat "credit" card for a sweet from the shop or a special ice cream in the restaurant – for a special treat, pick the ice cream. Since this was a birthday outing, my daughter also received a signed birthday card addressed to her from the Marriott staff. The special, personalized check-in made her feel like a princess.

Our getaway included the Everything Pink package. My daughter was on a pink cloud when she stepped into the hotel room which had undergone a pink transformation from an ordinary room – pink bedding, pink alarm clock, pink bean bag, pink trash can, and a pink bed for her doll. Her favorite part was the matching AG doll robes for her and her doll. We didn’t get to keep these, but they could have been purchased for an additional charge.

After a swim in the indoor pool, which is housed in a glass atrium, we ordered room service from a full room service menu. It was served on a white table cloth with full settings. All of the food was very good and the Buffalo wings were the best wings ever! Warning: the wings are hot!! Before bed, we had another visit from room service with cookies and milk for the girls and their dolls - adorable and yummy cookie service.

For breakfast, the restaurant was transformed by pink and had special tables for girls and their dolls. The package included the breakfast buffet with lots of breakfast foods, healthy choices, and a made-to-order station for eggs, French toast, and other items. Overall, breakfast was an excellent experience with a lot of food choices and friendly, attentive service; I only wish that they served a lighter coffee than Starbucks. For strong coffee lovers, you’ll love the strong Starbucks brew.

While the Everything Pink package was purchased for one night, we stayed for three nights and enjoyed the pink room experience at the weekend rate. During the remainder of our stay, we experienced excellent friendly service from all of the staff and a fun AG doll shopping experience.

My one complaint was that there were ladybugs in the room. On the first night, I had to kill about 20 ladybugs. The front desk staff was accommodating, sent the service staff, and offered to move us. We chose to stay in the room because they were only ladybugs and not a more troublesome pest. The next day, we still had a few more “visitors.” Because we were on a higher floor, it was a mystery where they were coming from. Overall though, the hotel is clean.

If you want to treat your daughter to a great weekend of American Girl Doll fun, stay at the Atlanta Marriott Alpharetta. The American Girl package is a dreamland for little girls.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank lml_12
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Stayed 4 nights over Thanksgiving. Beds were the best I have ever slept in at a hotel. Enjoyed the breakfeast buffet, good quality food and included my favorite smoked salmon. Staff was very pleasant. Would recommend this hotel if you can get it at a good price. It is a little tricky to find the entrance to the hotel. We missed it on our first try.

Room Tip: We had a room over the pool on the highway side. You do hear all the large trucks go by on the highw...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Warwickshire, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I was over for a training course and my company uses this hotel regularly, so I spent 6 nights / 7 days here. Easy to find (although my TomTom and the rental car's Garmin took me to the corner of the highway, where I could see the hotel, but couldn't get to it!), and just a 10 minute drive to the nearby North Point Mall. It's a good 50 minute drive from the airport, and a $90 taxi ride (according to colleagues).

Reception was very efficient (although I laughed to myself at the strong smell of air freshener in the lobby - noted on several other reviews), and I had a room on the 5th floor. Room was a decent size - 2 large beds, good sized desk for working at, large LCD TV, and good sized bathroom. My room had views over the rear of the hotel, and the double glazing and blackout curtains meant that I got undisturbed sleep every night. Bed was fantastic - I always maintain that Marriott beds are the best.

Only downside with the room is that there was quite a bit of noise from next door (TV, shower running etc), but this didn't disturb me.

Hotel gym was pretty good - several treadmills, cycles, and some weight equipment. The pool looked nice, but was quite busy when I was there in the evening. I was able to get on the gym equipment at 6PM without queuing.

Bar was good, stocked some decent local beers, and the bar staff were friendly and chatty. Food at the bar was also pretty good, but not particularly cheap (as you'd expect really).

The gift shop at the back of reception was well stocked with essentials (snacks, aspirin, newspapers etc), and had a good stock of drinks - everything from a Starbucks machine, to soft drinks and bottles of beer in a fridge.

Breakfast was excellent - buffet style, with an egg chef, cooking fresh omelettes, scrambles etc. Again though it was $20, so not particularly cheap, but good if you have some time to sit and enjoy it.

The hotel is well situated - not only is the mall 10 minutes away, so are hosts of restaurants. In fact, there's a strip mall 10 mins away, with just about every form of restaurant you could want. There's also a big Walgreens within a 5 minute drive (I had a stinking cold so needed to find a chemists!), and a big Target supermarket within 10 minutes.

All in all, a nice hotel for business, and one I'd be happy to stay at with the family. I'll definitely book in there again for my next visit to Atlanta.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Mark T
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel several times in the past when I've wanted to be located in Alpharetta/Roswell. As usual, my experience was great. The front desk staff was quite friendly. They immediately recognized my Marriott Gold status and placed me on a concierge floor. When I went to the room I didn't like the view (overlooking the pool), so the front desk staff eagerly moved me to a room with a better view. The room was clean and comfortable. The breakfast buffet in the restaurant was great. The concierge lounge is a bit small; however, the staff was exceptionally pleasant.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Marietta, Ohio, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel for years, and as the value and offer of competing surrounding hotels have increased, the value proposition of this hotel has continually decreased.

As one of the most expensive options in the area, the location is good. The facility is in good shape. The pool and hot tub go essentially un-used.

I've traveled 10 weeks this year, so as I traverse the globe it becomes easier to determine what's normal and what's a little abnormal. There were a few items at this hotel that made me feel like it wasn't worth the typical Marriott price premium:

I asked the front desk for assistance getting a massage as I had some serious pain from long term travel. After 5 minutes of searching I was given a verbal of a phone number. The hotel doesn't offer this service, nor did they offer to get me a reservation or help.

I found items on my bill that I did not consume-- such as the $5 fiji's offered in the room

The dry cleaning service is very inexpensive but actually PINS numbers to your clothing. This is a very un-modern standard. Normally there is a small ironed in tag that is easily peeled off and doesn't put holes in your clothing.

One room service breakfast of french toast & fruit tasted of onion. I left a note on it to let them know I wasn't satisfied, and I got no acknowledgment at all. I could have approached the front desk about it, but simply noted it as another deficiency.

I stood at the entry to the restaurant for more than 5 minutes while watching tables be cleaned, then I was attended to later. Not the customer focus I expect.

The rooms are not that large, the price is premium, but I don't feel like I receive that premium traveler treatment at this hotel. I probably won't choose to stay here unless I have to.

The parking is ample, the lobby is very nice-- marble-wood-brass.

Let me close with this: I'm a Marriott rewards member silver elite. I prefer Marriott properties because for me, they've offered the most consistent experience and best support if I do have issues. I didn't have major flaws or a terrible experience at this hotel, but it was the cost/experience ratio that seems off.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Scott T
Arlington, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I had a very bad experience at this Marriott. The clerk at check-in was rude and unprofessional as was most everyone I interacted with during my stay. I would not recommend it to anyone. There are many hotels in this area, most much more convenient to dining and attractions.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business