“Very nice time!”

Ranked #2 of 25 Hotels in Alpharetta
alpharetta, ga
“Very nice time!”
Reviewed December 9, 2011

Did a one night "staycation" so to speak after my anniversary party. The hotel is great, the staff uber professional and our room, which was a suite, was spacious with two flat screen TVs. We had the buffet breakfast the next day and it was pretty good too! This hotel will be used again by me for events, etc. because I liked it that much!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
Midland, Ga
Reviewed December 6, 2011

I have stayed here a few times w and they never disappoint. Check in was supposed to be at 4:00 but I was not feeling well when we got into Atlanta around noon and I asked the front desk if there was a chance of checking in early. The gal that checked me in didn't even bat an eye, just no problem and gave me keys to the room. This hotel gets customer service, and it is why I have returned over and over. Also, you can get a great deal on Priceline.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed November 26, 2011

Pros:

- Good value for weekends
- Generally clean, comfortable
- Solid breakfast buffet for a reasonable price
- Indoor and outdoor pool
- Convenient to a good variety of restaurants within a mile or so down the road
- There is a CVS pharmacy about a 3 minute drive away
- About 4 miles up Georgia 400 from North Point Mall -- if you need to go shopping
- Free WiFi in lobby

Cons:

- One side of hotel overlooks a ugly roof with AC/heating systems, etc - not too classy
- Kids and families all over the place due to the American Girl promotions; not really where you want to stay on a business trip
- $12.95 internet in rooms -- probably should be free at this hotel, as it's a 3 to 3.5 star...
- King bed room is rather cramped; there is a very small sofa chair but it does not pull out to a bed
- Nothing in walking distance; this is a suburban area, so you will be car reliant
- Hot tub in indoor pool area was nasty dirty and it was also set too hot
- Pool area often overrun by small children

Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank ATLDawg
Kathleen, Georgia
Reviewed November 18, 2011

Only stayed overnight... did not have time to use the amenities (pool, gym, etc). Free internet. The facility was very clean and the staff was pleasant. My room was near the elevator however it was still quite inside. Furnishing were in good shape with large flat screen hdtv (about 38-40"), small refrig, and microwave. Breakfast bar was convenient and food was okay (cost $10). Lots of convenient restaurants and shopping just down the road. Overall, a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed November 17, 2011

This was much better. Clean, Polite, Good food. The lobby bar was well staffed and well stocked, too. A nice bourbon selection. Vidalia's restaurant was nice, too. I had the breakfast buffet one morning and a nice piece of salmon for lunch. Both were great.

The rooms were fine - nothing spectacular - but it was a very comfortable bed.

My only complaints (and that's a stretch)...theres not enough air circulation in the bathroom to dry a towel in 24 hours: so much for 'saving the planet', and the hallways were too warm for my tastes. Also, I do not like to pay for internet while I travel. It was free in the lobby, but $12/day in the room. That service should be included in the price of the room.

I'd happily stay there again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Charleston, SC
Reviewed November 14, 2011

We stayed 2 nights at the Atlanta Marriott Alpharetta with the American Girl Doll Package. I would recommend this package for any family that wants to treat their young daughter to a special weekend.

Before our arrival, Sarah Thomas, their sales coordinator contacted me via email to confirm all the details so that the hotel could personalize a special card for the girls/dolls.

We had 2 moms and 2 daughters in 1 room and were perfectly comfortable. There was plenty of counter space in the bathroom and we had plenty of room for our luggage and clothing. The beds slept well to me and the pillows as well. They seemed to be down alternative.

Inlcuded in the room was a cute little American Girl Doll travel bed that the girls got to take home. In addition each girl and doll had an American Girl doll robe to use during the trip. For an extra fee, you can upgrade to include matching pjs for girl and doll and to be able to take the robes with you. We didn't do that upgrade, but in hindsight it was a good deal if you are considering getting the matching pj's from the American Girl Store.

Milk and cookies were delivered each night. The cookies were star shaped sugar cookies with pink sprinkles. Not the best cookies in the world, but our daughters loved receiving them nonetheless.

Breakfast was also included either by room service or at the breakfast buffet downstairs. We chose room service one morning and ate in the restaurant the 2nd morning. Food was excellent for b-fast. I especially liked that pancakes, french toast and waffles were made fresh to order along with the omelette station. Room service b-fast arrived a few minutes later than scheduled, but not outside expected limits for morning room service. Food was hot and fresh upon arrival. The room is not set up great for room service though b/c there is only a very small table in the room.

There is an indoor pool and jacuzzi which we used both days. Pool towels were provided by the pool along with comfortable padded loungers.

I utilized the gym facilities one morning. It is small but with good treadmills, elipticals, some free weights and a couple of weight machines.

The hotel is approx. 3 miles from the mall where the American Girl Doll store is located. It is a straight shot from the hotel. There are plenty of child friendly restaurants within a close distance as well -- from Chick fil a to Cheesecake Factory to Indian and Thai cuisine. Lots, lots, lots of dining options as well as an on-site restaurant.

Everyone at this hotel was very friendly and they went out of their way to make the girls feel special.

For all that was included and the special way the little girls were treated, I thought this was a good value and a very nice mother/daughter experience.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
7 Thank esgordon
Northeast USA
Reviewed October 29, 2011

This was the second leg of a 3-city/3/week road trip for work. I've been to this hotel quite few times over the years, as it's very close to the local office, but the last time I was here was over 3 years ago.

Check-in was a breeze. I tried to get an upgrade to the concerige level, but for an extra $80 a night, my eyes bugged open, and I said no way. I get to the room, and I get overwhelmed with cigarette smoke in the foyer. The next day, I requested a room change, and they accommodated my request right away. I told them to get the old room checked out before selling it to another customer though.

Room was nice, king bed was comfortable. Internet access was wired, and I had a nice view of Ga-400.

Had breakfast practically every morning at the hotel restaurant. For $19 with tax for the full hot buffet, the selection was good, and the food wasn't bad.

The only other comment I can make is that if you're here on the weekends, this place is PACKED with kids! The hotel runs some kind of Americal Girl package for young girls, and you will hear the kids in the rooms next to you, and you will hear them running around the hallways. If you're here on the weekend for relaxation, it's not gonna happen! I was here for work, and I wasn't in the room all too often, but it can get annoying. By Sunday, it gets quiet again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business