“Perfectly Pink Mother/Daughter trip with American Girl Package” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Atlanta Marriott Alpharetta

Atlanta Marriott Alpharetta
Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Alpharetta
Charleston, SC
“Perfectly Pink Mother/Daughter trip with American Girl Package”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2011

We stayed 2 nights at the Atlanta Marriott Alpharetta with the American Girl Doll Package. I would recommend this package for any family that wants to treat their young daughter to a special weekend.

Before our arrival, Sarah Thomas, their sales coordinator contacted me via email to confirm all the details so that the hotel could personalize a special card for the girls/dolls.

We had 2 moms and 2 daughters in 1 room and were perfectly comfortable. There was plenty of counter space in the bathroom and we had plenty of room for our luggage and clothing. The beds slept well to me and the pillows as well. They seemed to be down alternative.

Inlcuded in the room was a cute little American Girl Doll travel bed that the girls got to take home. In addition each girl and doll had an American Girl doll robe to use during the trip. For an extra fee, you can upgrade to include matching pjs for girl and doll and to be able to take the robes with you. We didn't do that upgrade, but in hindsight it was a good deal if you are considering getting the matching pj's from the American Girl Store.

Milk and cookies were delivered each night. The cookies were star shaped sugar cookies with pink sprinkles. Not the best cookies in the world, but our daughters loved receiving them nonetheless.

Breakfast was also included either by room service or at the breakfast buffet downstairs. We chose room service one morning and ate in the restaurant the 2nd morning. Food was excellent for b-fast. I especially liked that pancakes, french toast and waffles were made fresh to order along with the omelette station. Room service b-fast arrived a few minutes later than scheduled, but not outside expected limits for morning room service. Food was hot and fresh upon arrival. The room is not set up great for room service though b/c there is only a very small table in the room.

There is an indoor pool and jacuzzi which we used both days. Pool towels were provided by the pool along with comfortable padded loungers.

I utilized the gym facilities one morning. It is small but with good treadmills, elipticals, some free weights and a couple of weight machines.

The hotel is approx. 3 miles from the mall where the American Girl Doll store is located. It is a straight shot from the hotel. There are plenty of child friendly restaurants within a close distance as well -- from Chick fil a to Cheesecake Factory to Indian and Thai cuisine. Lots, lots, lots of dining options as well as an on-site restaurant.

Everyone at this hotel was very friendly and they went out of their way to make the girls feel special.

For all that was included and the special way the little girls were treated, I thought this was a good value and a very nice mother/daughter experience.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
7 Thank esgordon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Northeast USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2011

This was the second leg of a 3-city/3/week road trip for work. I've been to this hotel quite few times over the years, as it's very close to the local office, but the last time I was here was over 3 years ago.

Check-in was a breeze. I tried to get an upgrade to the concerige level, but for an extra $80 a night, my eyes bugged open, and I said no way. I get to the room, and I get overwhelmed with cigarette smoke in the foyer. The next day, I requested a room change, and they accommodated my request right away. I told them to get the old room checked out before selling it to another customer though.

Room was nice, king bed was comfortable. Internet access was wired, and I had a nice view of Ga-400.

Had breakfast practically every morning at the hotel restaurant. For $19 with tax for the full hot buffet, the selection was good, and the food wasn't bad.

The only other comment I can make is that if you're here on the weekends, this place is PACKED with kids! The hotel runs some kind of Americal Girl package for young girls, and you will hear the kids in the rooms next to you, and you will hear them running around the hallways. If you're here on the weekend for relaxation, it's not gonna happen! I was here for work, and I wasn't in the room all too often, but it can get annoying. By Sunday, it gets quiet again.

3 Thank readytograbasuitcase
Delray Beach, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2011

Typical Marriott Room. Nice LCD TV, Nice Beds a decent amount of space. Lounge on 8th floor, has good breakfast and appetizers in evening. Bar is always buys and the bartenders are all very good. The service people are ok, they could be a little nicer.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not on the highway if you like it quiet
2 Thank wmn9
Cherokee, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2011

We LOVE this hotel! We have stayed here several times now and will continue any time we visit Atlanta. The last time we stayed there was a situation and the staff responded in a positive way. We were very pleased with the approach and the geniune concern. And another huge plus...the breakfast buffet! It is wonderful! We get included in the room rate rather than buying it day off. Look forward to staying there again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank cowle
Atlanta
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2011

I had a 1day meeting at this location, with some of our attendees staying on site.
Very helpful staff before the meeting. When I needed something during, I had to go to the front desk. Where is conference services?
There was a lot of sound bleed into the room, and our doors were hard to shut comepletely and when shut, hard to open again.
We did have to make a few changes to our food services during the day and the catering services were always helpful.

2 Thank Lara_Thompson
Just Outside Nashvegas, TN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2011

I stayed here for 2 nights during the week and at 200+ a night I thought it was a bit steep. Yes, it is a great hotel with fantastic amenities but the room decor did not warrant such a steep price tag. Staff was super helpful with some requests that I had prior to check in and everything was just as promised once I checked in. Super Convienent to ADP, as that is where I had training for 2 days. Personally, I would not pay the steep price to stay here but my company was paying so what do I care. Could use a revamp and free Internet. Give me a break, 13 dollars a day! I just stayed at another hotel and it was 80 a night and the Wifi was included in the price of the room.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Montgomery, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2011

We just returned from spending an "American Girl" weekend at the Atlanta Marriott Alpharetta. We were celebrating our daughter's 10th birthday and had heard about the "American Girl Package" offered by the Marriott. We could not have been more pleased with our experience. The package was all about how the Marriott could make the experience special for our child (and for a very reasonable price!). All of the Marriott employees that we encountered were friendly and gracious. Our child was thrilled with her AG doll bed, milk and cookies, and gift card for a free dessert. She also enjoyed the AG movie that was showing the night we were there (along with popcorn and drinks). We all enjoyed the wonderful breakfast. We will look forward to making this trip again!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family