“Oktoberfest trip to Helen Ga”
Review of Cracker Barrel

Cracker Barrel
Ranked #142 of 531 Restaurants in Alpharetta
Cuisines: American
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Our family convoyed to Helen Georgia to enjoy the Oktoberfest activities. We decided to start the day with breakfast in Alpharetta Ga one hour in to our drive. The service and food was great. We had a party of ten (10) but they promptly seated us and two servers took care of us. Our primary server was Rebecca. Our hats to her for keeping up with all of us!! All of us ate breakfast entrees. Each of our meals were served exactly as ordered. The pancakes, eggs, bacon, sausage, and ham were very good and a perfect way to start our all day journey. We recommend this Cracker Barrel location not only for their good food but also their excellent service.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

We eat at Cracker Barrel's whenever possible, even planning our overnight stays close to them. We were looking forward to eating at the Alpharetta location, because it was sure to have superior grits, being in the heart of the South, and all.

The grits were runny and under cooked. The usually-amazing hashbrown casserole was under cooked.

The closest Cracker Barrell to us (they won't open one in Las Vegas) is over two hours away in St. George, Utah. They do a better job with grits than they do in Alpharetta.

Go figure.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

You would never know this is a chain. Cute and quaint with true southern charm. Fun candy store, amazing service and great pancakes. Classic charming decorations. Only opportunity was the biscuits weren't that great but would go there again in a second.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

I had not been to this restaurant in a while. My friend suggested we try it again. I ordered chopped steak, fried okra, mashed potatoes and green beans. It was all very good. I think I ate almost every bite. The biscuits and tea were great also. I think my last experience with their pork chops did not go so well, but I liked the chopped steak better this time. I would recommend it for all the veggie choices if you are trying to eat healthy or just enjoy country cooking. My friend always orders the fried catfish and loves it.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

My Momma's Pancake was really good. I always order this when I go to Cracker Barrel for breakfast. We went on a Sunday morning though and the place was packed. There was a 25-30 minute but, we thought it was worth it. They did not bring my side order of grits though until I asked for it. And, he did not like his meal at all. He was not pleased with the taste or the fact that they didn't get it completely right. He last words were, "We won't be coming back to this one."