“Fun fiesta in Alpharetta.”

El Porton Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #219 of 513 Restaurants in Alpharetta
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
roswell
“Fun fiesta in Alpharetta.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant has never failed to disappoint. The atmosphere is festive and the servers are friendly. The outdoor patio is well appointed and comfortable. Lots of regulars frequent this restaurant which is always a sign of quality. Food is good and reasonable. Give it a try.

Johns Creek, Georgia
“It's not MY fault...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

My son and I just returned from El Porton. He ordered the Super Chimichangas, as did I. There are two, chicken or beef, with guacamole salad and beans as sides. I asked for one beef, one chicken. My son asked for two beef. I also requested a regular salad instead of the guacamole salad. They tried delivering two meals before ours came to the table. Both were not our dinners, they were someone else's. When ours finally arrived, the one in front of me had the guacamole. So we switched plates. I said something about not getting the regular salad. Jose H., our waiter said it was a kitchen mistake. He never came back with a regular salad. So, I had no salad, just the lettuce with sour cream, which I don't eat. My son dug in, a beef chimi, good. Mine, was chicken. So far, so good. I started my second chimi after a while, that one was chicken too. It was supposed to be beef. The reply from Jose H.? It was a kitchen mistake. Then my son dug into his second one, his were both supposed to be beef, it was chicken. Guess what the answer was. Yup, kitchen mistake. My son didn't like the chicken, he didn't eat it. Mine was okay, but I really wanted one of each, not two chicken. That gets boring. But the clear signal from Jose H? It's not MY fault, just remember that when you're figuring out the tip...

Sad part is that I've been there before and I like the place. Very sorry service, and they weren't extremely busy or anything either. Maybe next time, I will try out another Mexican place. There are a plethora of them. I guess this is my signal to get out of the rut.

• Visited March 2013
3 Thank Busy Marie
Atlanta, Georgia
“Marvelous Mexican”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

We went on Fajita Wednesday when the Fajiats were on special.for 10.00. WOW. Great seasoning and cooked to perfection. We have been back since and will go since the food is really to our taste. Great warm fresh chips and salsa nad you won't leave hungry.

Visited January 2013
2 Thank pcloverva
Seacrest Beach, Florida
“Great Lunch Menu”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

Great lunch menu specials and "combo plates". Good family atmosphere. We eat here a couple times per month..

Visited December 2012
Silverton, Colorado
“El Porton has the best Mexican Food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

When my hubby and I are visiting the area, we always make sure we eat at El Porton at least once while we're there. They have the most delicious salsa, white cheese dip and entrees anywhere. I hope they never change a thing about this restaurant or the food because everything is perfect the way it is, and yes the prices are very reasonable. It isn't often you get really delicious food for a reasonable price. Most of the time I will say the food was good for the price if the food was okay but nothing above average, but this place has excellent food and reasonable prices so you can't go wrong. I wish we could find more restaurants like this one.

• Visited September 2012