“Enjoyed food!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Dining on a budget
“Enjoyed food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Food was excellent! Atmosphere was great. Service was very good. Overall, we enjoyed everything. We would be happy to be back to Madras Chettinaad.

• Visited September 2013

Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
“lunch at the restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I had lunch in this place with my family. It was a buffet lunch. There was a good array of food both vegetarian and non vegetarian. Plenty of food selection available. Mainly Indian, especially south Indian. Very tasty and mildly spicy. Those who had visited city of Chennai ( formerly known as Madras) in South India would love to see the pictures decorating the walls depicting ancient Chennai, bringing back old memories and glory of the place.

I told the management to consider having pictures of present day Chennai ( formerly Madras) along with the old pictures to understand the vast change

• Visited September 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Decent Indian Restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

This place is considered as one of the oldest Indian restaurant in town. Majority of time I visit this place for their lunch buffet. They have a really busy lunch buffet. You should go accordingly if you want to dine in during the lunch hours. The restaurant is spacious and I like the interiors as well.

The lunch buffet is really huge. They have like 3-4 entree for both the categories(veg ad non-veg) along with good number of appetizers option as well. The food is not that great but it is not that bad either as well. They keep on changing the buffet menu, I think which is a good thing. I once tried gulab jamun and they were too sweet and too hard to cut. Gulab Jamuns are really soft. The entrees and naans were ok.

I might try there South Indian menu someday for dinner. I have heard some good reviews about there dosas.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
“Had a great family reunion lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Great family place and lots of variety food for weekend lunch buffet. We had a great time. Best Chettinaad restaurant I have been to.

• Visited July 2013
Kuwait City, Kuwait
“A treat for your taste buds”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

I had been to this restaurant earlier for a lunch buffet on a weekday and was completely happy with the kind of spread they offered. I had heard that the buffet spread on weedends are much wider and richer and hence tried visiting this place last Saturday. However, looking at the large number of families waiting outside, I had to change my mind. This shows that this place is very popular among the indians as well as locals.

Yesterday, I had few guests at home and had an opportunity to take them to this place for a dinner, and all of us were extremely impressed with the food as well as the service. As they don't serve buffet for dinner, we had to order by Menu. We are from Mumbai (India) and we all were pleasantly surprised to hear a Sardar - North Indian (looking after our table) speaking my language so fluently. The service offered by this guy was par excellence. The food (right from the starters to mains) was very tasty. Mutton Kolhapuri needs a special mention.

After having visited few Indian restaurants in Alpharetta, I would rate this restaurant to be number one Indian Restaurant in Alpharetta

• Visited May 2013