“Horrible Experience- Save Your Money”
Review of Mojito Cafe

Mojito Cafe
Ranked #111 of 544 Restaurants in Alpharetta
Cuisines: Cuban
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: Welcome to our Autentic Cuban Cuisine and best mojitos in town that you, your family and friends are sure to enjoy. We promise that our inventive menu and attentive service will leave you truly satisfied.
Reviewed June 16, 2012

If you read my previous reviews on TA, you will see that I am usually a pretty positive person. There was really not anything positive our family of 3 could take away from our dinner at Mojito.

We ordered 3 appetizers and 3 entrées. Of those 6, only 2 came as ordered. It was if the waitress made it up as she went along. Beef empanadas arrived as chicken empanadas.

Actually 2 of the items were "platters" so we were "up-charged". For example I ordered the Churrasco and received the Churrasco platter with shrimp. I ordered a Caesar salad and received the larger Caesar salad with chicken. I took all of the chicken off the salad placing it on a side plate since I knew I was not going to eat it. The waitress came to clear our dishes and did not even bother to ask if there were anything wrong with the chicken, never mind why it was not touched.

We are not complainers, but if she had asked I would have told her the truth. Next time we will speak with our pocketbooks, there will be no next time at Mojitos for us.

My Churrasco was ordered "pink" and arrived rare. I gave the shrimp I did not order to my table mates. The onions with the Churrasco were a nice touch. HOWEVER, when I sent the steak back, politely requesting another couple of minutes on each side, all I received back was a barren steak on a clean plate. What happened to my onion? Was this my punishment for sending the steak back? You keep the onions?

By this time, my husband was finished with his entree and my daughter had picked at hers and I had lost my appetite. Next time we are in the mood for Cuban we will buy a Cuban cuisine cookbook and still have a chunk of change leftover. This was one of the worst experiences we have had at a restaurant in a very very long time.

Reviewed January 4, 2012

We were a large group of 7 with 3 kids under 10. The food was delicious and obviously freshly prepared. I would go back anytime. Prices were reasonable and dishes were large.

Reviewed November 21, 2011

As Cuban Restaurants go this one is blah - I attended a Spanish Language meet-up at Mojito Cafe on Friday Night and the food was minimally spiced, dried out and just plain boring! Out of the group of 10 three got their food and the other 7 were ignored after two hours finally everyone had eaten and only one person managed to get dessert! If you want Authentic Cuban Cuisine with a true Cuban atmosphere - go to Papi's Cuban & Caribbean Grill instead - it is worth driving to Kennesaw, Stockbridge or to Atlanta. So all in all I will not return to Mojito.

Reviewed August 14, 2011

Cuban food is one of my favorite's but it's hard to find quality Cuban in Atlanta. This place is very good, fast service and moderate prices. The owners/staff are very friendly and we try to visit every chance we get. The only one thing I don't like is that on several ocassions the menu pricing is one amount and the bill states a higher price. Each time we've questioned it, they said the prices went up but the menu hasn't been updated. I may have let them slide with that the first time, but we have visited at least 10 times afterwards and keep having the same issue. Note to Owner: Update the menu if necessary, but honor menu pricing even if it's incorrect because this is feeling a little shady and dishonest. We love this place and would hate to stop coming because we keep feeling like we're getting bamboozled.

2  Thank WorldTravelSnob
Reviewed June 19, 2011

Great food. When we moved here from South Florida the one thing we missed was Cuban food. Luckily we found it. Ropa Vieja, Pechuga de pollo, chicken chunks are all great as are the black beans and rice. Save room for tres leches and a cafe con leche to complete your meal.

1  Thank floridagal200