“Too many menu items to focus on quality taste”
Review of The Diner at North Point - CLOSED

The Diner at North Point
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 13, 2018

I agree w/the other reviewer that said too many menu items to prepare any of it in a meaningful way. They should reduce their menu by half, at least, and then focus on food quality, taste and presentation. The building itself is very nice and you can tell they spent a lot of money here. They should pay that attention to the food. We did not have bad service but we went on a Sunday for dinner so not busy. Would go in a pinch but wouldn't rush to go here.

1  Thank redatl

Reviewed January 21, 2018

Went here for breakfast and had one of the worst meals of my life. The sausage was like a burnt hot dog, the grits were way over salted. You would think someone could not screw up breakfast but it was edible.

1  Thank Jeff M
Reviewed January 7, 2018 via mobile

We have eaten here in the past, and my wife reminded me about slow service, but we tried it again and the experience was extremely bad. First, we waited almost 5 minuets for someone to show up at the front desk to get us seated. Second, the waitress didn’t even show up to get our drink for another ten minutes. Then we waited ten more minutes and asked her about the drinks and mad an excuse that they were brewing decaf which my wife asked for, but I asked her where my water was and she said she would get it. We then left and went to Cracker Barrel instead. I hope this is an isolated incident or inexperienced waitress, but I think not. Good luck if you visit here.

Reviewed December 12, 2017

There is a long list of comfort-food favorites on the menu that are budget-friendly. The place is big and can host a big group of 10-12. Good ambiance; good dessert cake selection. Relaxed environment. A great place for casual get-togethers.

Reviewed September 1, 2017 via mobile

The food here is ok but not great. Partly due I think to the incredibly diverse menu; time to focus and do less at higher quality.

The service was really poor. Very slow and by someone who behaved like she had never waited on tables before.

Combine the two and as you may guess I won't be returning.

1  Thank the_larb