“Average at best”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

I've been a fan of this place for a long time. My wife and I have eaten there many times and recommended it to others. However, a different story last night. I was by myself so stopped for dinner. I ordered meat loaf an old standby. It was not good. I suspect it had been frozen and then put in mirowave. It had a canned grave also microwave. It was so hot it destroyed the taste which was probably a good thing.
The bread was tasteless. The whole thing was a cross between a frozen dinner and airplane food.
The server was excellent
But this was a big disappointment.

1  Thank James R

Reviewed June 28, 2014

My husband, daughter and I had an early dinner here (5:00 pm) on a Saturday. The name "diner" contradicted the interior design and menu (which looked more like a candle-lit steakhouse with a Greek flair). This place needs to decide if it's a diner or upscale restaurant. The meals were more expensive than a typical diner so I had high hopes. My daughter liked her hamburger off the kids menu, and I liked my crab cakes (they need to back off the remoulade, though; the crab cakes were covered in it) but my husband's chicken parm was a disaster. The sauce was good and the pasta was properly cooked but the chicken itself was a rubbery mess. The manager took it off our bill, which is the only reason I'm giving this 4 stars, not 3. The service was good; our waiter was friendly and attentive and seemed genuinely sorry about the quality of my husband's meal. We may go back when we are in the area, but would try something different.

Reviewed June 21, 2014

I have eaten there only twice and loved it both times. My first time was dinner, I had the salmon and it was great. The next time was for Father's Day breakfast and the food again was outstanding. It had a more sophisticated taste... I thought the service was great and the atmosphere/decor is nice also. I can't wait to go again and try more of their dishes. I just didn't realize a great restaurant was just down the street. Can't wait to go again!

Reviewed June 17, 2014

Had lunch today for the first time. The food was just OK, but the service was very lacking. Took more than 5 minutes to acknowledge we were there after our waiter passed us by several times. Had to stop the waiter to refill my coffee after passing my table and looking at an empty cup. What put me over the edge was that i asked for tobacco sauce when the breakfast was served, and after two requests it was finally delivered when I was 1/3 finished with my food.
This place needs to get their service on par with their

2  Thank toyman111
Reviewed June 8, 2014

We were there for a meeting and had lunch following the meeting. Our waitress was very efficient and could easily handle 15 of us. We have been there many times before and some of the waiters have been rude. I had a chicken salad and really enjoyed it. I do not like their fries as they are more like a steak fry not a french fry. The menu offers a lot of variety.