“Very Good but not Excellent”
Review of 5 Seasons North - CLOSED

5 Seasons North
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: 5 Seasons North is a locally owned and operated award winning restaurant and brewery. We specialize in local organic foods and hand crafted world class beers. We prepare over 20 specials a day with local, all natural and organic ingredients. A great event facility for corporate and private parties with seating for 250 people and 5 separate spaces including an outdoor biergarten area.
Reviewed February 9, 2014

We visited 5 Seasons North a couple weeks ago on a Friday night at 8. Had a short wait at the bar but the craft beer was cold and the servers pleasant. Our waiter was very personable and kindly informed us the kitchen might be a little slow since it was so busy. We ordered a spinach dip and it was yummy - served with fresh chips. I had the portobello sandwich. It was good. My husband had the special - a pork loin dish. It looked good and he said it tasted good but it was a really small portion for the price. Our guest had a barbecue sandwich platter. She said it was good but I thought it, too, was small. The bun was not much bigger than a slider and only one was served. The plate was mostly fries. The beer varieties were "good" and the food was "good". The service was great and the atmosphere was great. Together that equalled "very good" but there is still definitely room for improvement to get to excellent.

Reviewed January 20, 2014

Really like this restaurant & their philosophy of sourcing local, organic foods when possible. Their small plates are varied & I am always curious to see what they have for their daily specials. I believe most everything is made in house & it shows. They also have a very good wine selection for a beer place. I don't drink beer so can't comment on their brewing. They have a nice fire pit in the center of the place that is really nice & cozy...I also like the layout and the private room they have for parties. A definite must-go and worth a drive. :)

Reviewed December 29, 2013

My husband and I used to be in the restaurant business. We travel all over the United States, eating out whenever we can. We were recently in 5 seasons about two weeks ago on a Friday night. They were on a wait, so we sat at the bar. I was greeted by a nice young man, forget his name, but he gave us the run down about 5 seasons after he knew it was our first time. I don't usually write reviews unless something stands out. We went with all his recommendations, beer and food. Everything was excellent. We are back in town in a few months and we will be back.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

This was my second visit to this restaurant - first for dinner. While the food was good, I did think it was overpriced. The service was outstanding at the beginning (server was very good with my 4 year old son) but quickly dissipated as they got busier (and this was a very early dinnertime). I would say that if you are going for a good beer, it is probably a great spot (and for business). I will not go out of my way to have dinner here, especially given the other great choices within a 5-10 mile radius of this restaurant.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

I really enjoyed my meal. Unfortunately they did not have any stouts or porters on tap when I visited but the Thai Salmon entree was wonderful. I went with the family for a Sunday dinner and had a great experience.