“Great hidden find in Alpharetta”
Review of The Cedar Cafe

The Cedar Cafe
Ranked #57 of 576 Restaurants in Alpharetta
Description: An ambiance-rich setting where you can chill & savor the most delicious middle eastern dishes & desserts. All bakeries are done in-house. We cater & offer use of our place for your special events and celebrations. Families welcome!
Reviewed December 5, 2017

Went for first time and tried the lunch buffet for $10. Cafe was a big, airy, open floor plan. I do not eat red meat (or pork) and there were many options for me - salad, soup, a number of vegetable dishes, rice, authentic hummus, baba ganoush, fish, chicken and a beef dish. Puffy pita bread was brought to the table hot from the oven. Everything was fresh and my favorites were the soup, hummus, fish and chicken. My husband thought the beef and spicy eggplant dishes were excellent. The waiter was amiable, and the restaurant manager helpful. The only fault was the baklava we ordered off the menu was $3.95 for a piece that literally was the size of my pinkie! It was tasty, but will definitely NOT order that again at that price. $1.50 would have been reasonable, but $3.95 was outrageous.

1  Thank Dree59

Reviewed November 6, 2017

I was so pleasantly surprised with the food in this restaurant. First of, the host was incredibly friendly and welcoming. He told us the background of the cuisine is mostly Lebanese and Middle Eastern. Though the place looks a bit empty and the tables were set up strangely of to the sides so that there was a large section in the middle wide open that looked like a dance floor, we forged on and were so glad we did. We started off with a hummus appetizer which was delicious although a little smaller than I wanted since is was so fresh and delicious that we almost licked the bowl. They give you all the bread repeats you want and let me tell you, that was heaven. The bread alone almost cost a family feud! They serve a small but not bad started salad bowl with the bread and appetizers. For dinner, we had the Ultimate Cedar Mixed Grill which we shared between my husband (big eater), my mom (small eater who ate more than usual) and myself (admitted big eater too!). The mixed grill had chicken breast chunks, gyro lamb meat, Kofta Kebab (ground beef with awesome spices), 2 lamp chops and steak chunks, all of which were very tender, over a bed of rice and topped with grilled peppers and onions and comes with both Tzaziki and spicy garlic sauce. My daughter had the beef gyro. We all loved our meals and can't wait to go back.

Reviewed September 6, 2017

The Shish kebab & Kofta kebab were authentic and very tasty.
Hummus & Baba Ghanoush were especially good.
The KUNAFAH was a real treat!.

1  Thank waelsm
Reviewed July 29, 2017 via mobile

My coworker brought me a lunch from this place and it was really good! I had meat, rice and salad. Everything was great, but meat was the best! I really enjoyed it and want to visit the place to dine in!

Reviewed April 27, 2017

My father, sister, and I ate at Cedar Grill last Sunday after finding it on TripAdvisor. From the moment we entered the restaurant, the wait staff was attentive and friendly. Our waiter, William, was particularly helpful and made suggestions about the menu. We had the cheese, meat, and spinach pies as appetizers, which were amazing (the cheese was my personal favorite). We also tried the sampler appetizer and the cedar mixed grill platter. The food was HEAVENLY and cooked perfectly! Between the three of us, there was plenty to share! For dessert we had kunafah. If you have never had kunafah, you must try it! It is divine and goes great with the Turkish coffee!

The Cedar Grill is our new favorite restaurant! We'll be back soon! :D