“Best Greek place in north Atlanta!”

Papouli's Mediterranean Cafe & Market
Ranked #67 of 522 Restaurants in Alpharetta
Cuisines: Greek
Atlanta
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Greek place in north Atlanta!”
Reviewed July 19, 2009

We eat here as often as we can, it features great food, good service, and a very reasonable price. It is in an unassuming strip mall, wedged in between Mexican and pizza places, and is a bit difficult to find for the uninitiated. The food is absolutely superb, but they definitely seem to be phasing out the "market" portion. It can be a bit crowded at lunch during the workweek, but at other times service is very fast. The large gyro plate can easily serve two (or more), the souvlaki is absolutely delicious, the soups are great, and the tabbouleh salad always leaves me wanting more (in a good way!).

Decatur, GA
“Very disappointed!”
Reviewed June 28, 2009

My husband and I had run across their website, which purports to tell what goods are in stock... The review said their greek-style small coffee pots were in stock. We should have asked them over the phone if they really had it before we went. The website lists all these products that they supposedly have, but only a very tiny fraction of it is actually available. Also disappointed that they had no coffee. What kind of cafe has no coffee?

Alpharetta, GA
“Sucker for Mediterranean food!”
Reviewed February 22, 2009

I'm a sucker for Mediterranean food and this is one place that definitely is on my top 5 list. They also have a great market for my needs, being greek myself! Fairly new to the area, and leaving a large Greek community behind me, I was afraid that the food that I grew up with and so readily available at my fingertips was not going to be here, and I was wrong!

Love the food, and love the market with all the imported food

Marietta
“Look Out Zorba”
Reviewed January 15, 2009

What a surprise to find a great Greek restaurant in a strip mall in Alpharetta, Georgia. My family and I stopped here on our way from Florida to New Jersey and had a wonderful dinner. The appetizers and entrees were great, but the highlight for me was the baklava which was the best I've had anywhere -- including Greece.

Nashville, TN
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“This is the real deal”
Reviewed November 10, 2008

Authentic food at a great price! This is the real deal. I highly recommend it!

1 Thank YogaJess