“NIce but pricey for pancakes”

Original Pancake House
Ranked #60 of 565 Restaurants in Alpharetta
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed April 10, 2018

Very open and clean but expensive for a pancake - and drinks. WE had crepes and they were good and plenty, so we ended up taking some home. But too price - even with a groupon!

Reviewed April 10, 2018 via mobile

So delicious! I got the classic French toast. The portion was huge! And oh so good! I got a side of the brandied peaches and they were also delicious. The menu had TONS of options. I can’t wait to go back and try more!

Reviewed March 19, 2018

Ran in one morning early to grab breakfast to go. Service was quick and food was good . Only reason for 4 stars i they don't have any kind of breakfast sandwich which mad it a little less convenient. They are more of a sit down place that a to go place. However, food was good and as I said the order was quick

Reviewed March 7, 2018 via mobile

Anybody that has ever been to the original pancake house on Memorial drive is going to hate this location. I had hoped since it was closer it would be something to add to my routine but… I was sorely disappointed. The prices are several dollars per item more than the other location. Whoever designed the interior of this place needs to lose their job it’s disgusting it makes no sense. For all of you love this place you need to venture over to the one at Stone Mountain and see what you’re missing!!

Reviewed February 5, 2018

I got a groupon for the Original Pancake house and decided to use it on 2-5-18. I get there and I am seated in Natalies section. I order a Ham and cheese omlette add mushrooms and I ordered chocolate chip pancakes. I have ordered this at least 100 times in the last 20 + years and I order it with extra chocolate chips. Well Natalie decides that they will not put the chocolate chips in the pancakes and will only put them on top. She was completely combative and argumentative.At this point I ask to speak to a manager and I get Casey who also refused to make my order like I want and called me a liar and said he would never do such a thing. At this point I ask him what about the customer is always right? He kept arguing and frankly if I did not have a paid groupon I would have walked but I gave up and placed my order. I then asked him how much my tab cost because frankly I was angry and wanted to eat and get out. My tab was $19 my groupon was $20.

So food comes and Natalie never returns to the table,no hows is your food,no can I get you something else,NOTHING. The pancakes do not have extra chips and the omlette had very few mushrooms in it.

So I eat it and put the voucher on the table under my water and walked out. I usually tip 25-30 % but with Natalie never returning to my table the only tip that was deserved was anything left on the groupon.

So I leave payment on the table and leave only to be followed out the door by Casey who threatened me and accused me of stealing this meal which is something I would never ever do. So I left this restaurant completely insulted and I will NEVER step into this restaurant again. There is a reason this is the only Original House of Pancakes that has to have a constant listing on groupon.It is because of the awful service by the wait staff and the management. Feel free to look at my other reviews and you will see 90% of my reviews are completely postive.

1  Thank jaytl