“BEWARE IF ATTENDING BIG CONCERTS! Purposely overbooking”

Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Alpharetta - Rock Mill Rd.
Reviewed July 22, 2013

BEWARE IF ATTENDING BIG CONCERTS! Made a reservation over 4 months in advance for $75 a night to attend a concert at Verizon Amphitheater that was to going sell out all of the hotels in a 15 mile area. Less than 24 hours notice, I was coming from VA, they called me and shipped me 18 miles away to another Extended Stay. Come to find out from locals they overbook people at a low price, then send them to another Extended Stay to then open up rooms for them to charge $200 a night. So even if they have to give your new room for free, they still make a killing. Completely unethical! I'll never stay at another Extended Stay after this one!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Inflatable12

Reviewed July 16, 2013

I just checked out today and I feel like I have been freed from a nightmare. First and foremost the hotel does have a thick stench and beyond that it is filled with smoke even in the hallways and non-smoking rooms. Upon arrival I was told the room type I booked was not available and that no rooms were available even though I had a reservation. They did end up finding me another room but it had 1 full bed and was tight with 2 adults. The remainder of the stay was in another room after it became available. The second room was disgusting. It was on the first floor and if you opened the drapes people walking by could look in the room because they had only one set of drapes. Most hotels have black out drapes for sleeping and thinner white drapes to give privacy but to allow in light. Trust me, this place needs all the light it can get so they can see how dirty it is. When I entered our second room it smelled heavily of smoke and I told the front desk about it. They said they would come by and spay something. They ended up spraying some cleaner onto the floor and drapes which masked the smoke for a few minutes. The rest of the stay it was back and the fact that they didn't even really care that somebody smoked in a non-smoking room tells you the whole story. The staff seems nice but the culture of the company is let's just say the opposite end of the spectrum from a Marriott where they teach their employees to care about the property, the clients, and to groom themselves well. I received a survey with 2 nights left from corporate on which I blasted the hotel's cleanliness. The manager called my room within a few hours of that and I communicated my concerns. It impressed me that she called and listened intently to my suggestions so I have to give her kudos for that but unfortunately it was too little too late as I would never go here again and I would never recommend it to anybody. Hopefully reviews like mine wake up corporate to make the changes needed. This hotel has no common areas, no gym, no pool, and like I said has a few benches out front which is basically the smoking center. Unfortunately the inside is a smoking center as well. Time to go 100% smoke free, it's 2013 last time I checked. PS - the moldy food inside the AC unit was quite the feel good moment as well.

Room Tip: A queen bed here is actually a full so if you want to have two people in a bed make sure it's ki...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Marriott4
Reviewed July 13, 2013

We needed a hotel for the night that was pet-friendly. I googled and found several in the area where I wanted to stay. I felt it was a good choice. The staff was friendly and helpful. The bed and pillows were very comfortable. It did seem there were a lot of full time residence. People hanging outside the lobby smoking. Not very classy. Also, some tangy smells from cooking.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Becs678
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Great service. They printed a few copies of my report when I was pressed for time. They shsipped my laptop charger for free when I left it there. Great service. Low prices. Makes sense if you want to save money but want great service. Near a mall and retail hub too so decent food nearby. Highly recommend!

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed March 2, 2013

From my experience it seems that at least 75% of this hotel were actual occupants of it and not short-term stayers. The hotel has a terrible odor and I was so discouraged when I went to clean my own sheets and found nothing but dried blood all over the mattress cover it was absolutely disgusting. The dirty socks that I found beneath my comforter was nothing compared to the dried blood. I had to switch rooms right when I first checked into my first one it was a non-smoking room that smelled of complete cigars. Very loud at night people in the hallways and playing video games on crazy high volumes.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Labmom1821
Manager-AAL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Alpharetta - Rock Mill Rd., responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Reviewed August 21, 2012

As a frequent guest,my experience has always been good in any room i have stayed. For under $60,you get an immaculate room with large kitchen area,all appliances included. Everything seemed to work ok with cold AC,and no plumbing issues which it usually the biggest worry in a cheap hotel. But this one is almost 5-star,and the only reason it's not would be the very poor and basic cable service. Less than 25 channels,and none of them any good. If this was upgraded they would probably stay booked all the time!

Room Tip: Try to avoid the weekends when less rooms are available.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank dwbeale
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Alpharetta - Rock Mill Rd., responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2012

Reviewed December 22, 2011

I normally have had great experiences with ESA properties but I cancelled my reservation and left after ten minutes. This property is in a great location and close to shopping and restaurants and also appears to have been recently remodeled.

However, the clientele at the property was downright loud and boisterous. Quite a few folks yelling at each other and a group of men wearing only t-shirts and jeans (not who you would want in the room next to you if you actually want to work or get some sleep).

The final ‘kicker’ was the room type that I reserved was not available. The person at the front desk did her best (she was not the one who made the room assignment error) but seemed a bit overwhelmed with the demands of the people staying at the property. I cancelled my reservation and drive two blocks to the La Quinta which was more in line with what a business traveler would expect.

Room Tip: Be warned that your neighbors could be quiet or loud - all I saw was a lot of loud and boisterous pe...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Kevin A
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alpharetta
Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Alpharetta - Northpoint - West
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Alpharetta, GA
Wingate by Wyndham Alpharetta
Wingate by Wyndham Alpharetta
#12 of 26 in Alpharetta
Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Alpharetta - Northpoint - East
Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Kennesaw Town Center
Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Clairmont

Been to Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Alpharetta - Rock Mill Rd.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Alpharetta - Rock Mill Rd.

Address: 1950 Rock Mill Rd., Alpharetta, Alpharetta, GA 30022
Location: United States > Georgia > Alpharetta
Ranked #1 of 1 Specialty Lodging in Alpharetta
Price Range: $76 - $99 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Alpharetta - Rock Mill Rd. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Extended Stay, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Alpharetta - Rock Mill Rd. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.