“Upscale Mexican in the Wilds of Alpharetta!”

Tara Humata Mexican Grill & Tequila Bar
Ranked #71 of 512 Restaurants in Alpharetta
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
McDonough, Georgia
“Upscale Mexican in the Wilds of Alpharetta!”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

My friend, Tracie, and I were visiting a nearby business when we decided to venture in to unknown territory: The closest place we could find to eat, Tara Humata. It was a lucky accident! From the door we were greeted by a lovely and friendly young woman who quickly seated us in the bar area. The decor is understated and un-fussy. Although we didn't indulge, there is a full bar available. The Saturday Noon crowd included families with children, and everyone appeared relaxed and comfortable.
I started with a bean dip, which was really just a traditional Mexican Queso dip with refried beans tossed in. It was just Okay. Tolerable, but not what I expected. Fortunately, this was the only dissapointment in an otherwise flawless meal with good servcie.
Tracie ordered a fajita quesedilla with steak and shrimp, I went for the Pollo Giardante, a chicken breast covered with cheese and onions, accompanied by lettuce, tomato, a small portion of guac, and rice. Our meals arrived together, piping hot, and set up in an appetizing configuration.
A Margarita walked by in the hand of a dapper waiter, and it looked great! Too bad we were driving a distance and couldn't partake of a refreshing Mexican adult beverage!
Some of the best food excursions are unplanned, but my next visit to Tara Humata will be on purpose: To eat some of the best upscale Mexican food I've had outside of Arizona!

• Visited November 2013

Alpharetta, Georgia
“Fri night at Tara Humata”
Reviewed October 30, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I went to Tara Humata last Fri night. It was busy with a lively atmosphere and live music. The food was average but if you are looking for a night out with a lively atmosphere and good chance to meet other people then Tara Humata is a good place to go.

Visited October 2013
Alpharetta, Georgia
“Keeps going downhill...we won't be back.”
Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

This place has been going downhill over our last 3 visits. Today was the icing on the cake.

We had a party of 4 on a Monday when they weren't even busy. It took the server forever to get our drinks. He came by another 3 times without taking our food order.

The food came out 45 minutes later with the entire order cold to the touch. Just to give you an idea, my wife was able to pick up the fajita skillet bare-handed to show the server. It must have been sitting back there for 20+ minutes. What sort of establishment allows that to happen. They even have a dedicated food runner.

Their solution was to microwave the entire tables food. They just threw the fajitas back on the grill and overlooked them even more. This will was our last trip to this place. There are much better options for Mexican food in the area.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank DrewLuck
Schaumburg, Illinois
“Unable to handle a large group”
Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

Had dinner here this week with a large group and I was not impressed with the service. First, we made a reservation for 22 people and the restaurant called twice to confirm the number in our party. When we arrived there there was room for only half our party. It really made me question the reason for 2 calls confirming the reservation and yet we still did not get 22 chairs. The second issue that was really unbelievable is the waiter mixed up 2 of the dinners. The mixing up of entrees is something that can happen anywhere, but it is what the waiter said about it. After the diners questioned what they received, the waiter said to one of the guests, well it is almost like your dinner so just eat it and I can give you a drink to make up for the error. It's almost like your dinner? How about give the diner what he actually ordered? Other than that, the food was average. I might return, but never with a large party.

Visited June 2013
Alpharetta, Georgia
“Fair food, fair prices, decent atmosphere”
Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

I found it to be a glorified Frontera's with lesser service and slightly higher prices. I don't like my shrimp fajitas with the tails on, but that is no big deal. Many families were there, so were many singles. I didn't like the rap music in the bathroom with the racial slurs. Waiter was either overworked or short on personality or didn't like his job. I'd give the place a B minus.

• Visited June 2013