“Fair food, fair prices, decent atmosphere”

Tara Humata Mexican Grill & Tequila Bar
Ranked #68 of 513 Restaurants in Alpharetta
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Alpharetta, Georgia
“Fair food, fair prices, decent atmosphere”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

I found it to be a glorified Frontera's with lesser service and slightly higher prices. I don't like my shrimp fajitas with the tails on, but that is no big deal. Many families were there, so were many singles. I didn't like the rap music in the bathroom with the racial slurs. Waiter was either overworked or short on personality or didn't like his job. I'd give the place a B minus.

• Visited June 2013

Springfield,IL
“Great aviance, music and Lemon Drop Martini's”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

Visited some friends in Alpharetta and were taken to Tara Humata for dinner. What a treat! They had a live band playing music and the colors were bright, food was fabulous and it was a great time had by all. Oh, Did I mention the cocktails? The Lemon Drop Martini was very smooth, and delicious.

Have since been back to Alpharetta and of course visited Tara Humata. Guacamole was made fresh at the table, and the four of us shared nachos which were large enough to have been our meal.

• Visited April 2013
“Meh.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

I really can't remember what was on the menu as alternative to what I got, but there has to be something better. I told the server I wanted tacos and he recommended the steak tacos. It was served very plainly, steak chunks in 3 small tortillas with a few onions and peppers. No other veggies nor cheese. It was served only with a cup of beans and two salsas. I was underwhelmed.

The margarita was also recommended and when served it was all foam! Took a while to settle but tasted like and Orange Julius (that's not a compliment).

Server passed me by a half dozen times before taking my card so I could check out.

Meh. I'll try something completely different next visit to Alpharetta.

Toronto
“Great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

Great food and good ambiance.. good music too..
must have the Guacamole Dip have them make it right in front of you.. its awesome.

• Visited November 2012
GREENEVILLE, TENNESSEE
“Very good food and live music”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

Very nice ambiance and live music. Food was very good and large portions. Very authentic, homemade taste. Strawberry margarita was larger than I could drink...size medium. Only complaint was food was ready too fast. We were dining on a Saturday night and wanted a bit less aggressive dining experience...but food was fabulous! Wait for a while to order because food literally is there in 7 minutes! Will return again