“Guest Rooms Desperately Need Attention”

Wingate by Wyndham Albany
Ranked #7 of 24 Hotels in Albany
Daytona Beach, Florida
“Guest Rooms Desperately Need Attention”
Reviewed March 26, 2012

The first thing I noticed when I entered my room was the noisy and rattling A/C unit. Had to shove pillow between bed and unit to quiet it down. The TV guide did not match (not even close) the channels on the TV. Tried to sit at desk to use my computer but the chair was so low the desk came up to my chin! The clock radio had the wrong time on it - no way to change the time and it did not illuminate at night. Are you kidding me a clock radio you can't see when the lights are turned off?

Room Tip: Decent breakfast. Walking distance to Target, Cato and LongHorn Steakhouse. In fact, the hotel is...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Burlington, Vermont
Reviewed March 25, 2012

Traveled to Albany/Plains on business. Needed a clean, comfortable, convenient place to stay, and that's what I got. Lobby was clean and clerk was very nice and professional. Check-in took exactly one minute to complete. The pool looked nice, but I didn't have time to indulge. The room was large, comfortable, and clean. I got the king bed with pullout couch. About half the room was "bedroom" while the other had the couch, chair, desk, fridge, and microwave. Bath was typical and clean. Breakfast was also typical of what I call "hot continental", i.e. make-your-own waffles, pre-made eggs and sausage, and the typical cold stuff. The attendant had it out before the 6am start time, and I was well fed and off to work by 6:15.

All in all, the hotel was perfect for what I needed, and typical of the nice, moderate hotels of our day. Not the Ritz, but also not one of the yucky HoJos I've endured over the years. Highly recommend you give it a shot. Oh, and it is also conveniently located close to restaurants, the mall, and only a few minutes from downtown and the airport. I didn't pay, so I can't make a statement on the value.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
TN
Reviewed March 8, 2012

The room was in need of a little updating an smelled like smoke a bit. Staff was very courteous and lobby was very clean. Nice breakfast. Good location.

• Stayed March 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed January 29, 2012

I just completed a stay at this hotel in Jan. 2012. Every time I went to take a shower it took several minutes for the hot water to heat up. I mean it took about 15 minutes. I called the front desk and I was told to turn the dial back to halfway and then turn it back to the hot setting. I was also told that they had called someone and that they had not arrived yet. It was Sat. morning about 5 am. I had started to give up hope of having a warm shower when it did start to warm up. The night before I took a bath it never did get very warm but I thought is was just a temporary issue. The third time I tried to it was the same results. It did warm up to being acceptable but it never really got real hot and it took forever to warm up. I stayed on the second floor if that was a factor or not. Also the side entry door to the hotel never did work. When I asked at the front desk I was told I had to put the key in and slowly remove it but I tried it fast and slow and it never worked. I was told it was tricky but it seemed there was no interest in getting it fixed and apparently they were already aware of it. I stayed a total of two nights and it never was fixed. Frustrating. The hotel staff was attentive and helpful but it just did not seem there was an urgency to fix anything. I had stayed there on a previous trip and the light in the bathroom never did work right. It never did get bright. When I checked with the front desk they said they would have someone look at it but they never did before I left. I am just not impressed with the maintenance of this hotel. Other than that, the front desk people are nice, the hotel is clean, the bed was comfortable. It did have a fridge and microwave in the room. I never had time to eat breakfast so I can't comment about that. The workout room had a stair master, treadmill, and recumbent bike. It had only dumbbells and they only went up to 10 lbs. I think. I did not use the equipment but just went in to see what was available. The hot tub was not available due to maintenance. This is a pet friendly hotel and I saw about three dogs. I am an animal lover so I thought it was nice that they allow them. I have stayed there with my dog and it was a $50 fee for the whole stay. I never heard a dog in the room so if I hadn't seen them I would never had known they were in the hotel. One night when coming into the hotel. I saw a couple of guys standing in the parking lot and I smelled weed. It made me feel uncomfortable and of course the door would not work so I had to walk around to the front to get in. I don't think they have security at night. The hotel is right behind a steak restaurant and next to an extended stay hotel. There are other places you could walk to near by.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank missingsisandbro
Navarre, Florida
Reviewed January 5, 2012

clean room, great service, easy check-in and out, nice place!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
CROSSVILLE
Reviewed November 12, 2011

On a recent return trip from Florida to Tennessee we decided to spend the night rather than drive straight through. We chose to stay at the Wingate by Wyndham in Albany, Georgia and we are glad we did. The staff were professional and friendly, the room clean, the beds very comfortable, and the surprise of our stay was a offering of hors d'oeuvres in the evening. We learned of this talking to one of the guests in the elevator. He told us not to miss going down to the lobby around 5:30 PM. We were treated to shrimp, cheese, chips and dip, beer and wine and other delectables. The next morning the free breakfast included scrambled eggs, sausage, cereals, fruit, waffles, beverages and much more. The hotel is also conveniently located off the highway, right behind Longhorn Steakhouse (good food here also) and near the mall. If you are traveling and need to stay in Albany, Georgia this is the place to stay.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank sometimetraveler75
Gainesville Florida
Reviewed September 12, 2011

The price was a little high but not for the hotel. It was like new, the bed was great and the room was large. For this area at the price I expected what I got and was not disappointed. The location is excellent, near the mall and many restaurants.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family