“Nice place to stay”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #15 of 25 Hotels in Albany
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Everything was as expected. People, facility, location (next to the Albany mall), etc. Good restaurants nearby. I would definitely stay here again. And for those reviewing, don't worry about anything...they got you covered.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Reviewed March 30, 2013

This Hampton Inn is older but well maintained. The room arrangement was awkward because the fridge and microwave prevented one from opening the closet door or viewing themselves in the full length mirror impossible. The sofa sleeper hadn't been used in a while. When we opened it up there was a lot of dried grass under the sofa cushions. BUT, the breakfast was nice and the front desk helpful. We would probably stay there again--price was right.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 30, 2013

There are a lot of complaints about the age/condition of this hotel. It's not a secret. This is an old Hampton inn. Hilton is forcing these "motor inns" out of the chain. The rate is much lower than a typical Hampton rate. Buyer beware.

That being said, I found no problem with the room itself. It's a typical (albeit older) Hampton room. What this hotel suffers from is what all motor inns suffer from: noise. Noise from the parking lot. Noise from people walking by your room. Noise from people standing outside your room talking loudly on their cell phone at 1am because they have to have a cigarette every 10 minutes.

Room Tip: Try and find a room away from crosswalks and the external elevator and stairs
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Hitesh P, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us at our hotel. We really appreciate your feedback and are very sorry for the condition of our property. We will take your comments under consideration as we work with our team to improve our guest experience. Again, we apologize for the inconveniences and we hope you will come visit us in the future

Reviewed March 23, 2013

This is obviously an older Hampton Inn, but was clean and well maintained. The lobby was a little cluttered, but nicely decorated. Check in went smoothly, but was surprised to find all rooms were exterior entrances. I had reserved a non-smoking room, but was given a smoking room. When I called and inquired it, the clerk informed me that all of the non-smoking rooms were taken. Since the smoke smell wasn't too overpowering, I was okay since it was only for one night. The comforter on the bed looked more like rolling hills, there were lumps and bumps covering the entire bed, the mattress wasn't any better. It was a hard and not a good night sleep. The location is great, just across the parking lot from a nice small mall, and within walking distance of several restaurants. I was very disappointed in the fact that they had only one soda, snack and ice machine for the entire hotel, which the soda and ice machines are on the far end of the building and not well lit, while the snack machine is on the other end, also not well lit. The breakfast was nothing to brag on, first time I've ever seen egg nuggets. Seriously, the eggs were little round nuggets, the strangest thing I've ever seen on a breakfast bar. The breakfast area was very tight and small and was room enough for only one person at a time to get their food items. Check out was great, the young lady had a smile and was very professional, which kinda help alleviate all the other negatives. I would stay here again, but only for one or two nights at a time max.

Room Tip: Make sure if you want a Non-Smoking room you get one. Also if ice, sodas, and snacks are on your pla...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 24, 2013

This hotel is very tired. Its' out door rooms and very old. It was not quality of a Hilton Hotel.

If you're looking for a motel 6 type room pick this one, if not MOVE ON. Also the TV's didn't stay programmed and if you did want to use or watch anything you had to go sit in the breakfast room, I would not recommend this one

Room Tip: Choose another hotel I'm not a Marriott fan at all but there was a Couryard Marriot across the...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 21, 2012

This hotel is located just outside the Albany Mall and is close to many restaurants and only five minutes from the Riverquarium and the other downtown attractions. This Hampton has rooms that open to the outside, a first for me at a Hampton Inn. The room was clean and updated with nice white duvet cover and flat screen TV. I will definitely stay here the next time I am in Albany.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I have always liked staying at Hampton Inns because of their cleanliness and comfortable beds. We found all sort of bugs in the room including bathroom. I felt like I was in a cheap motel. We travel to Albany for a bicycle race with the kids including a 3 month old baby, we were afraid that the baby could get sting by a bug. We didn't leave the Hotel because we were so tired after working all day and almost 4 hours of driving. I would not recommend this location to my worst enemy.

Room Tip: Would not stay at this location ever again.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family