TripAdvisor
Albany
Post
Inbox
Search

“good place to eat seafood”

A J's Seafood & Oyster Bar
Ranked #75 of 210 Restaurants in Albany
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed June 27, 2016

This is a small place but the service and food is actually very good.
Had a shrimp dinner meal and it was very good. Companion had the fish basket which was very good. I would recommend this to anyone..

Date of visit: April 2016
Write a reviewReviews (29)

Reviewed June 15, 2016

Good seafood but a lot of grease. Mostly deep fried food. Not much selection of green stuff. May be good once in a while.

Reviewed April 24, 2016

Absolutely one of the best seafood places we've been to. Hard to spot as the sign is faded, and tough to read, but once there? Heaven. I tried the seafood platter - very, very good! Wife had the salmon, also very good. Service was great, people friendly. We'll come back, even if I have to drive outta my way!

Reviewed March 23, 2016

The food is excellent but service is a touch slow sometimes. Go when you have some time to spare. The atmosphere is seafood restaurant outdated. The food is good and the drinks are cold and that is what matters. The staff is great and friendly.

Date of visit: February 2016
Reviewed June 20, 2015

I had my first date in AJ's Oyster Bar so I'm a little bias as to it. First off its kind of cramped and very smoky on one side of the bar, but what to you expect its an ACTUAL BAR TOO...All of the different types of oysters I've had here were great. Very fresh and prepared well. Servers were sweethearts and kept drinks and food coming. Its not a perfect spot, but I enjoyed it..

Date of visit: December 2014
1  Thank 19KingFifty84

Been to A J's Seafood & Oyster Bar? Share your experiences!