“Outstanding Garden Inn”

Hilton Garden Inn Albany
Ranked #2 of 25 Hotels in Albany
Reviewed February 6, 2011

As a Hilton Honors Diamond VIP I have stayed at many Hilton properties over the past 15 years. Hilton Garden Inns are not especially known for their restaurants but this one was spectacular. The locals I was working with report that they go there for dinner. Hotel was immaculate, staff was pleasant, friendly and accomodating. If I ever have to go to Albany this is where I will stay.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank allowat
ErinWhatley, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Albany, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2011

Your kind words mean a lot to us at Hilton Garden Inn Albany! We have just launched our new Great American Grill lunch menu, and we would love your opinion on when you are back in our area.

Reviewed January 8, 2011

I was driving through and stayed in this hotel on Christmas Night. It has a beautiful lobby and I found the rooms very nice. I don't require a flat screen, so that wasn't a big deal. Being Christmas night, the town was completely shut down. The hotel restaurant was closed as well (which I completely understand). I was afraid I was going to have to eat at the Waffle House, and the desk staff knew of no where else to eat. I found a Golden Corral that was actually pretty nice (as low end buffets go). The hotel staff was very nice and professional. The room was clean and fresh. The desk clerk that evening went out of his way for me to make some coffee and make sure all was ok. I wish that the parking was more secure. I was hit up for money by some dude wandering around the parking lot the minute I pulled into the hotel.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank quicksilver99

Thank you so much for choosing Hilton Garden Inn Albany for your overnight accommodations. I hope that if you are in the area again you will be able to try our Great American Grill Menu. We would love the opportunity to show you great service again!

Reviewed November 15, 2010

room was clean but, bathroom fixtures old , grout was dirty in bathroom, tv was old and had a poor quality picture

this would not be a Hilton in Atlanta

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed November 1, 2010

Not sure how this hotel got the "Hilton" moniker--quality is much closer to Interstate Hamptons than other Hilton properties (Homewood, Hilton Garden, Hilton). My TV was an ancient 25 inch tube TV that seems to have been salvaged from a out of business Hampton--when I asked if ANY of the rooms had plasma/LCD TVs (like all other Hilton Properties), staff seemed to think the question odd, even when told plasma/lcd tv's are standard at other Hilton properties.

Also, ice machine on floor didnt work, and beds not up to Hilton standards.

Recommend ONLY if you can get a room here for 90$--for that ts probably as good as you'll get in Albany.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 12, 2010

The hotel staff was very professional and courteous. The room was fully equiped with everything we needed. We stayed in a suite overlooking Ray's on the River, the best view in town. The hotel was quite which is what we needed after a long drive. The only thing I didn't care for was the restaurant, the fruit is NEVER fresh. Customer service is great but I would still recommend not eating there.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 6, 2010

We went to Albany for a concert! Our first trip ever to Albany. I decided to book the Hilton Garden Inn based on the reviews of my fellow Trip Advisor travelers. I must say this was a very nice hotel. Friendly staff (especially Marie) directly adjacent to Civic Center where the concert was being held, a lovely park across the street where there was a singing statue of Ray Charles which was AWESOME as well as the Flint River rolling along behind the park!!! Also down the street was the Flint RiverAquarium which was very nice. I'm really glad I chose this hotel we will definitely stay AGAIN!!!!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 16, 2010

Overall this was a nice hotel outside of one complaint - the mattress covers did not stay on the beds either night and it made it somewhat uncomfortable. Nice location.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family