“Consistently Good!!”

Sonny’s BBQ
Ranked #11 of 177 Restaurants in Albany
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
hereandthere
“Consistently Good!!”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I'm from the north east and we do not have bbq chains up here, so I try to hit Sonny's when I'm travelling on business once in a while. I know people are picky about their "Q" throughout the country and I'm sure many of disagreements have been started (just watch Man vs. Food). I just like going here and enjoying some great pulled pork and some ribs even some chicken. If I have room then the peach cobbler is a great finish before rolling my [--] out the door!!

Visited August 2013
SonnysBBQ, Public Relations Manager at Sonny’s BBQ, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write this great review, OGnouseforaname! We're happy to hear that you enjoy the pulled pork, ribs and chicken. We appreciate the feedback and look forward to seeing you again real soon!

Reynolds, Georgia
“Great BBQ Ribs”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We like the pulled pork and the ribs. I enjoy the sald bar and think the chicken salad on it is the best any where around. They are very accomidating in making substituttiions and have always been very friendly. They "cater " to the little ones to make sujre they are are happy. When I had knee surgery and went there they made sure I had room to stretch my leg out and not get hit.

Visited June 2013
Dawson, Georgia
“Best bbq in the south”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

The sweet bbq that georgia is known for! always wonderful and messy messy messy. If you are craving bbq then this is the place to go. I love the sweet, but they also have other flavors here to fit everyone's needs and tastes.

Kentucky
“One of the best valuues... how do they keep the lights on?”
Reviewed December 23, 2012

Wow. Sonny's is a chain I always have on the radar... there just need to be more of these franchise places! The 'all you can eat' options and sauce choices really do provide a great value with taste variation. They have slightly acidic to very spicy to down right sweet sauces to make everyone's tastebuds happy. Tip - the corn bread... get the corn bread. Mac n' cheese is always pretty good too, as with this visit. Pulled chicken, pork, ribs, anything... in my several visits to Sonny's around the region from Kentucky to Florida I must say I have yet to have a bad meal. Oh... if they have it - the 'bread pudding' squares are great and remind me of something my grandmother would have made. A good choice... one worth driving out of the way for.

Visited December 2012
ALBANY,GA
“Over priced BBQ”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

I went to sunny's with a friend. Neither of us were real hungry and just wanted a sandwich. I ordered a small beef brisket BBQ sandwich only no sides. There were (3) slices of meat on my sandwich and the price was over $6.00. They had a special on wednesday for all you can eat BBQ wings for $14.00. The sandwich was so so but certainly not worth the price. I would haft to be hard up to return again to pay these prices.
SIDE NOTE: THE BBQ SANDWICH AT BLACKBEARDS IS BETTER AND BIGGER FOR ABOUT THE SAME PRICE.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank southernpilot01

Been to Sonny’s BBQ? Share your experiences!