“Great BBQ Ribs”

Sonny’s BBQ
Ranked #12 of 177 Restaurants in Albany
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Reynolds, Georgia
“Great BBQ Ribs”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

We like the pulled pork and the ribs. I enjoy the sald bar and think the chicken salad on it is the best any where around. They are very accomidating in making substituttiions and have always been very friendly. They "cater " to the little ones to make sujre they are are happy. When I had knee surgery and went there they made sure I had room to stretch my leg out and not get hit.

Visited June 2013

Dawson, Georgia
“Best bbq in the south”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

The sweet bbq that georgia is known for! always wonderful and messy messy messy. If you are craving bbq then this is the place to go. I love the sweet, but they also have other flavors here to fit everyone's needs and tastes.

Kentucky
“One of the best valuues... how do they keep the lights on?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2012

Wow. Sonny's is a chain I always have on the radar... there just need to be more of these franchise places! The 'all you can eat' options and sauce choices really do provide a great value with taste variation. They have slightly acidic to very spicy to down right sweet sauces to make everyone's tastebuds happy. Tip - the corn bread... get the corn bread. Mac n' cheese is always pretty good too, as with this visit. Pulled chicken, pork, ribs, anything... in my several visits to Sonny's around the region from Kentucky to Florida I must say I have yet to have a bad meal. Oh... if they have it - the 'bread pudding' squares are great and remind me of something my grandmother would have made. A good choice... one worth driving out of the way for.

Visited December 2012
ALBANY,GA
“Over priced BBQ”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

I went to sunny's with a friend. Neither of us were real hungry and just wanted a sandwich. I ordered a small beef brisket BBQ sandwich only no sides. There were (3) slices of meat on my sandwich and the price was over $6.00. They had a special on wednesday for all you can eat BBQ wings for $14.00. The sandwich was so so but certainly not worth the price. I would haft to be hard up to return again to pay these prices.
SIDE NOTE: THE BBQ SANDWICH AT BLACKBEARDS IS BETTER AND BIGGER FOR ABOUT THE SAME PRICE.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank southernpilot01
“Excellent dining experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2012 via mobile

I received a perfectly cooked steak and baked potato. Finger-licking good. I also received excellent customer service from the wait staff, and the manager named John made a personalized visit which was very comforting. I was impressed and will definitely be returning to try some more of their menu. It's a must visit if you are craving some delicious bbq.

Been to Sonny’s BBQ? Share your experiences!