“Delicious!”

Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed January 22, 2012

The ribs were tender and falling off the bone! Will visit again.

Reviewed January 5, 2012

These people no nothing about barbecue. I have not visited in years. You ask when I visit, but your chard goes no further than 2011 - so what am I to do?

Reviewed December 12, 2011

The sauces are really good at Sonny's, but they are kind of like the Morrison's of BBQ joints. Some of the best BBQ places in the south don't have more than one or two locations...Sonny's has 126.

Reviewed May 30, 2011

The staff here has always been very friendly and welcoming. Each visit they try to take care of me like a long time valued customer.

Sonny's is a chain, but this one does an above average job. I had the sliced pork sandwich twice. This was amazing the first time and very good the second. I have had the ribs many times. I prefer the center cut portions of the ribs and they have always been very good. I will eat them with or without the sauce (sweet and smoky).

There is another BBQ in town with great BBQ, but the service I get at this Sonny's makes my trips here worth it. They have good and relatively consistent BBQ and they are usually open when I get my craving or when I want to eat.

Thanks for a great experience Sonny's Albany.

1  Thank Stompper
Reviewed December 13, 2008

Great smoked turkey & the corn bread is delicious!

Been to Sonny’s BBQ? Share your experiences!