“Great Staff”

Ranked #3 of 24 Hotels in Albany
Richmond, Virginia
“Great Staff”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Marcell was awesome, my husband and I stayed there on the weekend of a huge track meet so all of the hotels in the area were booked. We called around 11pm on Friday, Marcell remembered having a guest who hadn't filled all of her rooms so he professionally and pleasantly called her to see if she needed the extra room. Without him going that extra mile who knows where we would have stayed. The next morning Tim assisted us with an eager to help attitude and a pleasant smile.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Albany, Georgia
Reviewed May 11, 2013

To Whom it May Concern,
I would like to commend you for having such an outstanding employee by the name of Shontay Magwood. I am on the road sometimes 2 weeks at a time assisting my clients. Sometimes I’m pretty tried and just ready to relax when I arrive at my hotel. March 7, 2013 I checked into your hotel and was greeted with a warm smile. We went up to the room and the card was not working. We came down to have the card reset twice. Ms. Magwood was very apologetic for the inconvenience. Once we were able to get into the room, we went out to get some dinner. When we came back to the room the key again was not working. I went back downstairs again to Ms. Magwood to inform her, she then came upstairs with me. It was determined something was wrong with the lock. She contacted the maintenance guy who stated he was on his way. Again she apologized for the inconvenience and stated she would not have us waiting outside nor in the lobby until he came to fix the lock. She immediately gave us another room assuring this isn’t something that occurs in her hotel and she was deeply sorry about it. She added points to my rewards membership due to the inconvenience and all during the stay she made it her business to assure we were comfortable and happy.
When we got ready to leave March 10, 2013 I asked her for the name of her manager because I wanted her manager to know she was an outstanding employee!! And I also asked her did she live there because we saw her behind the desk with the other employees working all the time and we needed to know if she ever sleeps.  She responded with a smile and said Thank you for the complement but she wanted to make sure everything was in order within the hotel. Then she told me she was the Manager!!! Normally you may see a manager for the forefront for a minimum about of time but she is truly a great example of a Manager assisting and caring not just for her staff but for the representation of her employer. I hope and pray you are able to identify how awesome this employee is to Fairfield Inn & Suites @ Marriott. Because of her outstanding service, I will always recommend Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott to family and friends if they are staying in Albany. Ms. Magwood continue to WOW your guest and God will always keep that wonderful smile on your face.

Janey Griffin

Room Tip: I prefer a room away from the elevator because I'm a light sleeper.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Clarksville, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed March 18, 2013

This hotel was clean and the staff bent over backwards to be helpful. Check-in and check-out were easy. I didn't eat the free breakfast, so can't comment on that. I would stay here again, if I return to Albany.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Lakeland, FLorida
Reviewed February 25, 2013

En route to Birmingham, AL we stayed in Albany as a mid-way point and chose The Fairfield Marriott in February 2013 based on Trip Advisor's reviews. Our room on our first stay was at the end of a third floor hall and the baggage cart had a bad front wheel so navigating with a loaded cart was exhausting on the two of us (no assistance with luggage available)! On our return stay we asked for a room near the elevator and they outdid themselves: a perfect, quiet King room right at the elevator and ice machine, plus we used another cart with fully functioning "front wheel drive" -- it could not have been better and we could see our car from our room. The room has a modern mini fridge. The breakfast bar doesn't offer hot food as such rather Jimmy Dean's sausage or bacon egg sandwich and corn dogs, believe it or not, and a microwave for heating. Waffle maker and typical fruit cups, yogurt, milk, cereals, and very good coffee. Staff is quite friendly and accommodating.

Room Tip: Ask for close to elevator facing front parking lot where your car will be parked.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MaryEllenSelf
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed February 16, 2013

This is a nice Fairfield that has been renovated in the last several years that gives it a look and feel that competes with Courtyard. In fact, some of these new Fairfields can be as good or even better than a Courtyard minus the restaurant. The staff here was very friendly. It wasn't ideal to have someone try to get into my room when I was sleeping, but then I noticed the Do Not Disturb sign was stolen during the night.

I was surprised at how small the king bed room was. It didn't matter since I was alone, but either way it was just big enough for the bed and a little chair.

Convenient location, restaurants close. Good location for business travelers.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed November 24, 2012

I recently stayed at Fairfield Inn & Sutes in Albany, GA for 3 nights. I was very pleased with the hotel. It is one of the newest hotel in Albany, GA built in 2009 and it is close to the local mall, several stores (i.e. Target, Walmart) and restaurants. When I checked in, there was a slight mixup with my reservation in which another person with the same last name somehow had their reservation attached to my Marriott Rewards and reservation but the front desk employee was attentive enough to recognize there may have been a potential mixup and held a room just in case. We selected 1 King Bed Suite w/ sleeper sofa (I was unable to find any hotel in Albany which offered a 2 bdrm suite). It was a great room as it allowed my daughters to have their own TV in the sitting area. The room also included a micro-fridge. The hotel employees were awesome and they were professional and attentive to our needs.
The hotel offered breakfast items which included waffles, cereal, breakfast sandwiches, fruit, yogurt, juice and coffee. This hotel offers a fitness room. However it is small and only offers 2 trend mills and an elliptical machine. It would be great if the hotel would provide mats or dumbbells as part of their exercise equipment.
We had a slight mishap one night when the hotel had to turn off the water for the shower to fix a leak. I believe the water for the toilets and sink were turned off as well for a short period. The shower was not turned back on until the next morning (because they had to wait for a part) but it didn't negatively affect our stay. They did offer customers the option to move to the Courtyard Marriott which was located behind their property due to the shower water being shut off.
Pros - Nice and professional hotel employees, nice breakfast options, clean rooms, clean hotel
Cons - Limited exercise room, shower water didn't get steamy hot, needed a larger trash can for the room
I would definitely plan to stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Fawnda H
Madison, Alabama
Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

Great price and very good service. Accommodated a large group of 6 very well. Room was clean and the air conditioner kept us cool. The pool was clean and clear.

Front desk responded well to our request. The morning breakfast was good and clean.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family