“Nice hotel with friendly service”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Albany
Ranked #3 of 25 Hotels in Albany
Reviewed February 25, 2013

En route to Birmingham, AL we stayed in Albany as a mid-way point and chose The Fairfield Marriott in February 2013 based on Trip Advisor's reviews. Our room on our first stay was at the end of a third floor hall and the baggage cart had a bad front wheel so navigating with a loaded cart was exhausting on the two of us (no assistance with luggage available)! On our return stay we asked for a room near the elevator and they outdid themselves: a perfect, quiet King room right at the elevator and ice machine, plus we used another cart with fully functioning "front wheel drive" -- it could not have been better and we could see our car from our room. The room has a modern mini fridge. The breakfast bar doesn't offer hot food as such rather Jimmy Dean's sausage or bacon egg sandwich and corn dogs, believe it or not, and a microwave for heating. Waffle maker and typical fruit cups, yogurt, milk, cereals, and very good coffee. Staff is quite friendly and accommodating.

Room Tip: Ask for close to elevator facing front parking lot where your car will be parked.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank MaryEllenSelf
There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites Albany

Reviewed February 16, 2013

This is a nice Fairfield that has been renovated in the last several years that gives it a look and feel that competes with Courtyard. In fact, some of these new Fairfields can be as good or even better than a Courtyard minus the restaurant. The staff here was very friendly. It wasn't ideal to have someone try to get into my room when I was sleeping, but then I noticed the Do Not Disturb sign was stolen during the night.

I was surprised at how small the king bed room was. It didn't matter since I was alone, but either way it was just big enough for the bed and a little chair.

Convenient location, restaurants close. Good location for business travelers.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 24, 2012

I recently stayed at Fairfield Inn & Sutes in Albany, GA for 3 nights. I was very pleased with the hotel. It is one of the newest hotel in Albany, GA built in 2009 and it is close to the local mall, several stores (i.e. Target, Walmart) and restaurants. When I checked in, there was a slight mixup with my reservation in which another person with the same last name somehow had their reservation attached to my Marriott Rewards and reservation but the front desk employee was attentive enough to recognize there may have been a potential mixup and held a room just in case. We selected 1 King Bed Suite w/ sleeper sofa (I was unable to find any hotel in Albany which offered a 2 bdrm suite). It was a great room as it allowed my daughters to have their own TV in the sitting area. The room also included a micro-fridge. The hotel employees were awesome and they were professional and attentive to our needs.
The hotel offered breakfast items which included waffles, cereal, breakfast sandwiches, fruit, yogurt, juice and coffee. This hotel offers a fitness room. However it is small and only offers 2 trend mills and an elliptical machine. It would be great if the hotel would provide mats or dumbbells as part of their exercise equipment.
We had a slight mishap one night when the hotel had to turn off the water for the shower to fix a leak. I believe the water for the toilets and sink were turned off as well for a short period. The shower was not turned back on until the next morning (because they had to wait for a part) but it didn't negatively affect our stay. They did offer customers the option to move to the Courtyard Marriott which was located behind their property due to the shower water being shut off.
Pros - Nice and professional hotel employees, nice breakfast options, clean rooms, clean hotel
Cons - Limited exercise room, shower water didn't get steamy hot, needed a larger trash can for the room
I would definitely plan to stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Fawnda H
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Great price and very good service. Accommodated a large group of 6 very well. Room was clean and the air conditioner kept us cool. The pool was clean and clear.

Front desk responded well to our request. The morning breakfast was good and clean.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 28, 2012

This hotel was very much as pictured - no surprises! Very nice and courteous staff. Very clean! Very quiet! Extremely close to different eateries. Very close to the mall. Even with a small billing discrepancy, i would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: No tip. My room was on the third floor center. All rooms seemed relatively quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 22, 2012

I stayed at the Fairfield Inn in December 2011 while I was spending time in Albany for work. Having stayed at both the Courtyard and the Fairfield Inn, I like both of them for different reasons. The Fairfield is newer, and as a result, appears to be cleaner and less worn-out and dated. I found the wireless internet to work much better at this hotel than it did at Courtyard.

Hotel is near the Albany Mall, close to a variety of dining and shopping options. There are a couple restaurants within walking distance of the hotel, but most will require a short car ride. Also near a Publix grocery store and a Target.

Rooms are clean - I had a king room - and functional. Remember that it's a Fairfield Inn - so no frills, just the bare basics - but it served it's purpose for a couple nights. The hotel was quite empty (I was here the week before Christmas...not a ton of business travel that week) - so I was a bit disappointed to not be updgraded to a suite when I asked. Also, the bed was a little too firm for my taste. These are minor issues, and even so...this is a good, clean, inexpensive hotel. Good option if you have to spend time in Albany.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed March 28, 2012

The staff is friendly and wonderful. There is a roach problem that needs to be resolved. It is one of the newest hotels in Albany. In 2010, I had reservations for one week, but stayed there 1 night due to roach problem. At that time, the first floor was under construction. In 2011, I had reservations for 2 weeks. I saw and killed one roach in the room. The staff took immediate action and had the hotel sprayed.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business