“Cant Go Wrong With Steak n Shake”
Review of Steak 'n Shake

Steak 'n Shake
Ranked #61 of 194 Restaurants in Albany
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Takeout
Description: Steak 'n Shake, a classic American brand, was founded in 1934 in Normal, Illinois by Gus Belt who pioneered the concept of premium burgers and milkshakes. For over 80 years, the company's name has been symbolic of its heritage. The word "steak" stood for steakburger. The term "shake" stood for hand-dipped milkshakes. Gus was determined to serve his customers the finest burgers and shakes in the business. Today, Steak 'n Shake remains the "better burger" leader, serving premium 100% beef steakburgers, hand-dipped milkshakes, thin crispy fries, and more. Steakburgers are made without preservatives or artificial ingredients, topped with fresh produce, and always hand-crafted to order. Other classics include the Frisco Melt, 7x7, Prime Steakburgers, and fan favorite M&M milkshakes.
Reviewed August 22, 2018

During my recent trip to Albany I was feeling like my Parmesan french fries and no other place do them like Steak n Shake. The location was convenient, service was very good and my kids and i loved it.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed August 4, 2018 via mobile

The cliche says you don't miss your water til your well run dry... Well I never realized how much I missed this place until they were briefly closed. Good service and fast fresh food.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed June 19, 2018 via mobile

Went Monday night. The place had been closed for a long while following a fire. I was looking forward to a burger and some fries and maybe a shake to enjoy on the drive home. So I checked the website and it plainly stated "open 24 hours".
We sat in the drive up line for 15-20 minutes waiting to order. Saw one manager come out the back door, walk around and go back inside. Then another came out the back door, walked around and went back inside. Then a minute or so later they both came out the back door, looked around and went back in.
After sitting and waiting so long to order I pulled up to the speaker to order but instead, I was told "I'm sorry. Steak and Shake is closed." No explanation. No excuse. No reason given. Just turned us away after we waited that long.
Bad form.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed December 17, 2017

I stopped here for a quick meal. I regret that decision. The food is not good and the staff need to be better!

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed October 27, 2017 via mobile

I LOVE Steak n Shake. Sadly, this one doesn't quite seem to have it together. The lack of customers should have been a warning. I've never been to an almost completely empty Steak n Shake until this visit.
First of all, our server acted like he was scared to speak. We couldn't hear half of what he mumbled to us, and he only brought silverware for 2, even though there were 4 of us. We ordered 3 of the new premium burgers (1 all the way, the other 2 minus certain toppings), plus a single bacon cheeseburger. When the food finally came, he had the 3 premium burgers, and mumbled something, which I had to assume was along the lines of, "the other burger was on its way." The only burger that was right was the one that was all the way. Mind you, the other two were not difficult orders. One was supposed to be everything except mustard. It came with no mustard, no tomato, and about 1/8 of a piece of lettuce (seriously had to look for the lettuce). Plus the burger was burnt and almost split in half. It got sent back. The other had plenty of lettuce. Too bad it wasn't supposed to have lettuce! When we told the server, he actually told me that I didn't say no lettuce! Um, actually, when we ordered, I listed the items that we DID want on the burger, and lettuce wasn't one of those items! We had to ask for more napkins twice before we ever got any. Also, the restroom wasn't in the best shape either.

Date of visit: October 2017

Been to Steak 'n Shake? Share your experiences!