“Started out bad because of service but food made up for it. ”

Tokyo Japanese Steakhouse
Ranked #26 of 184 Restaurants in Albany
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

We sat along time waiting for waitress so long my wife was ready to leave and she never says that. The good though was tasty and hot. The restaurant was finely lit which seemed an effort to hide it was a little dirty.

Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

This is one of the best little sushi places I've been to. We recently moved here and found it back in October. We love this place! Smallish dining room, but the atmosphere is great. We always order sushi because it is very good and always fresh. I keep telling myself that I will try some of their hibachi dishes, but can't get past the sushi. This is one of our favorite places to dine.

1  Thank NativeTexasGrrl
Reviewed November 8, 2013

The first time I tried this restaurant was for dinner and although the food was incredible-I was very annoyed with the staff...The waitress took our order, drinks were slow to arrive, and never saw her again until the food was ready-my husband sat with an empty glass for a long time before getting a refill on his sweet tea. The sushi was fresh and delicious!!! After the food came to the table again she disappeared..After my meal we left feeling annoyed!! The second time I tried Tokyo was for lunch-GREAT service and GREAT food!! My waitress was very attentive, her recommendations were excellent, and the food was YUMMY! I am so glad I gave this restaurant a second chance!!! I will be going back---I just hope if it's for dinner, I am not disappointed again!!

Reviewed September 9, 2013

Astounding meal created before our very eyes, by the super talented John, however the waitress service was at best low at worts non existent, which is a shame as it took the shine off a great night

Reviewed March 13, 2013

I always go to the grill, they cook the food right in front of you and you even get a little entertainment! The cooks are wonderful with great personality. The food is very good. The sushi is also good. I usually get the steak hibachi and I love the super crunch sushi roll. Yesterday I tried the magnolia roll which is also good! it has asparagus, sweet potato, pineapple and crab wrapped in rice paper. Very sweet and tropical! Great with lunch. Large portions also.

1  Thank Mary A

Been to Tokyo Japanese Steakhouse? Share your experiences!