“Very good!!!”

The Catch Seafood Room & Oyster Bar
Ranked #4 of 177 Restaurants in Albany
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Albany, Georgia
“Very good!!!”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Very good food and wine. A little pricey but worth it! The owners are awesome people too:) One of the best restaurants in Albany for sure!

• Visited March 2014

Georgia
“Great Fish”
Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

I had the best cooked fish two straight nights that I have ever had. Blackened and grilled and delicious!

Visited March 2014
Albany, Georgia
“somewhat of a let down”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Well, I just went a week ago based on all the great reviews right here. Tiny bit sad for a couple of reasons. My wife and I thought the portions were a little undersized for the price. The oysters were ok. I found 9 pieces of oyster shell in my fried oysters. Several had some size to them as well. I thought this was a little excessive and I told the waitress, I had them all lined up on the plate so she and the cook could see I was not lying. I believe her name was Diane but I'm not quite sure. She said I'll pass that on to the cook and that was it. I thought I deserved more than that quite frankly, but it might be me, you folks can reply to me if I'm wrong, please. Also, my oysters were small, like pieces, my wife's were consistent and normal size that you'd expect. One last thing, the ceiling has not been dusted, wiped off in several months and it shows. There is a thickness of dust goo building on the ceiling as I write this. This needs to be tended to "The Catch folks!!!!" loooook up!!!!!!!

• Visited March 2014
Livingston, Texas
“Delicious fresh seafood in GA!”
Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

In town on business and read reviews on The Catch. Funky atmosphere. I would say casual chic. Got there at 6. Very busy but seated quickly. Waiter was attentive but kitchen was slow. Very noisy and not a large place. Maybe 14 tables and a bar.The food made up for the wait! We shared a large appetizer of cold steamed shrimp. 14 Extra large, fresh, cooked perfectly. They were already peeled but tails on. Served with a slightly sweet cocktail sauce, house made. Excellent! I ordered blackened shrimp and scallops. Again, perfectly cooked and seasoned. House made tartar sauce, very good. You got a big delicious salad of mixed greens, grape tomatoes, purple onion and cukes. Again house made dressings. I had the citrus vinaigrette, their house special. It was to die for! Tangy, light, a bit of orange peel, perfect! My hubby had bleu cheese full of hunks of cheese in the dressing. He ordered fried shrimp and blackened scallops. Again, very good. We were served 7 shrimp (large) but only 3 scallops. Should be 4 I think. You choose 1 side. We both got fresh asparagus. It was a bit too crisp. Could have cooked a bit longer. I only got 3 spears. I thought that a bit skimpy. It was served with 2 good hush puppies, a bit dry though. We were glad we shared the appetizer or we would not have been full. They had several specials on a board (fresh red grouper, shrimp margarita, etc) but our waiter forgot to mention them. I would definitely recommend this restaurant and would return. The preparation and freshness of the seafood was outstanding especially for a landlocked GA town!

Americus, Georgia
“Very good food, great atmosphere”
Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

We enjoy coming here for seafood with a twist. The food is always very good. If you go early it's not quite as crowded, but the one thing I don't care for is sometimes the music is a little loud. It's a great place to get a spin on traditional seafood entrees and enjoy time with friends.