“Great food!”

Add it.
Riverfront BBQ
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Great food and service. Will eat here again. Had the barb-b-que sandwich and sweet potato fries. Had really good sweet tea as well.

There are newer reviews for Riverfront BBQ

Reviewed April 26, 2012

Thanks Dale for investing in downtown Albany. Across the street from the Hilton. Does a great Lunch business, you might have to wait a few minutes. Also offers full catereing and take home menus.

Reviewed March 31, 2012

I was really excited after reading many raving reviews to visit this restaurant, as I'm a real lover of bbq. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to rate it as it was closed the one day I was in town. I was really disappointed. So this isn't really a rating as much as a warning to save your time and gas in the event you're considering visiting on a Sunday. The hours may be different in the summer -- just call before you go to avoid disappointment.

Reviewed March 11, 2012

The best BBQ in Albany, period. The pit is outside and you can taste it in the ribs and BBQ. In fact the mark of really good BBQ is that you don't need any sauce. The atmosphere is average at best, but whole on the wall que is just about the norm for good food. Aside from the que, the potatoe salad is to die for and hot dogs are good also, don't forget they have a food truck near the mall serving the same good food.

1  Thank junderw66
Reviewed February 13, 2012

Anyone who doesn't like this place is just not right in the head. I grew up in North Carolina where BBQ was born & is done right. I have not had anywhere in Georgia in my 25 years here that compared until I started going to Riverfront. I am not huge on pulled pork BBQ, more into the beef & chicken but this stuff is just awesome. I usually love to smother sauce on my food & their different sauces are all excellent, but I ate my sandwich with none this last time. Very rarely have I had such flavorful & well cooked BBQ pork, just AWESOME. The restaurant itself is like an old time nostalggic BBQ joint from days of old. All the "ads" on the walls are actually old timey metal signs promoting local businesses like a good ole country place should. All the NASCAR & other decorations are a great addition to the place. If you want to eat city slicker processed BBQ in a fancy foo foo restaurant, don't go here, go somewhere where they serve city suckers. If you want some real down home country BBQ in a laid back environment, this is the perfect place.

1  Thank stlnprfln