“Average stay, nothing to write home about” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard Albany

Courtyard Albany
Ranked #8 of 24 Hotels in Albany
Beaufort, South Carolina
“Average stay, nothing to write home about”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

We stayed here one night for a business/family trip in March 2013. We needed 2 rooms and didn't have reservations. We're normally Hilton Garden Inn fans, but will choose the Courtyards as a secondary hotel choice. The hotel grounds are convenient to shopping and restaurants. Freeway access was right there. The staff at the front desk were polite and very helpful in getting us the 2 rooms that we desired. The lobby is professional looking and very clean. We got to our rooms to settle in, and this is where things started to go downhill. Even though the room was supposed to be a King suite with a pull out sofa, it was rather tiny. The pull out sofa, had an excuse for a mattress which had stains on it. Once the pull out sofa was made into a bed, you could hardly walk around in the room. You had to hold down the handle on the toilet in order for it to flush all the way. The TV worked great. Like a lot of hotels, the doors seem to slam shut (fire code I'm sure). This makes for abrupt disruptions while sleeping if somone next door is a late, or early riser!!! Check out was a breeze, didn't eat the breakfast at $9.99 a person, but did partake in the complimentary coffee. The hot water dispenser was empty, and the staff member that we asked for hot water seemed bothered and stated that he would bring it out in 5 minutes. It showed up as we were leaving!! We don't ever plan on going to Albany again, so won't ever stay here again. But if we were, I would probably stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Stay on the top floor down on the end.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
cyalbany, General Manager at Courtyard Albany, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Dear Westasset, thank you for taking the time to offer feedback on your recent stay at the Courtyard in Albany, GA. We take every comment very seriously and use it as a tool to help us strive for perfection with regard to the total satisfaction of every guest every day. I am proud to know that you were pleased with the convenient location of our property, the condition of our lobby and the polite service of our front desk associates. I sincerely regret that we were not able to exceed your expectations in all regards to your stay and understand the frustration you must have felt over the size of our sleeping room, the extra effort required to get the toilet to flush, the abrupt noise as the door shuts, the condition of the sofa sleeper mattress and the extended wait time to receive hot water. Please rest assured that I will be addressing these issues as I personally inspect each room of the hotel and will certainly have each matter corrected accordingly. Again, thank you for speaking freely about your stay at the Courtyard in Albany, GA and it is our hope that you will grant us the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Louie Scott, Jr.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Moore, Oklahoma, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

I had a 15 person business meeting with catered lunch at this hotel in February. It was a perfect venue. The meeting room was very clean, the staff is very nice and helpful, the food was good and delivered on time. The hotel rooms that we stayed in were very clean. I would recommend using this place anytime you are in the area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
cyalbany, General Manager at Courtyard Albany, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Lorie D, thank you for taking the time to give feedback on your meeting experience here at the Courtyard - Albany. My staff and I pride ourselves on providing excellent service to every guest every day and work diligently to insure a very clean, comfortable and memorable experience. We are pleased to know that we met your expectations and look forward to serving you with future meeting and/or lodging needs in the near future.
Macon, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

The free wi-fi internet did not work in my room, call the front desk concerning internet service she referred me to an 800 number which i called from the room and i was charged $5.00 for the call. They have an 800 number listed on the desk in each room but they do not tell you if you call that number you are going to charged $5.00 for the call, I am very upset and disappointed with this Marriott. No refrigerator or microwave in rooms and I agree breakfast for $10.00 lacks a lot of taste.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
cyalbany, General Manager at Courtyard Albany, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear Valued Guest! Please note that my staff and I make every attempt to meet the needs of our guests and I am sad to learn that we failed you during your most recent stay at the Courtyard Albany. I offer my most sincere apology for any frustration we may have caused you during your stay and am prepared to honor a full refund for the service call made as well as the breakfast you purchased the following morning. Feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience to discuss the mentioned adjustments.

Respectfully,

Louie Scott, Jr.
Courtyard Albany
229.889.8015
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

This is the only place I will stay when I'm on business in Albany. The hotel staff is excellent!! I wish the rooms had fridges in them and the breakfast was better but other than that my stays are always great. Mi am looking forward to the renovation this Spring.

Room Tip: Best service in town.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
St. Louis
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

Room was below average. Breakfast was poor. Moved next door to the Fairfield and liked it much better, plus free breakfast. Needs updating. As a Marriott Platinum who frequently stays at Courtyards, I was disappointed.

• Stayed January 2013
Waco texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

First there is not a frig in the room and there is no complimentary water it is 2.00 one morning I had toast so that cost 10.00 the next I got oatmeal and had to wait for the staff to go to another hotel to get brown sugar for the oatmeal. The short girl that works the breakfast area is not friendly at all and is quick to want to write you a ticket for your breakfast. My husband stays here a lot on business and has complained about her before

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Sugar Land, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

I had a good stay at this hotel. The room was very clean and simple. The hotel staff was great...very accomodating and helpful. My only complaint is that the internet is very weak and almost unusable after 5pm when the hotel begins to fill up. I also didn't appreciate the motorcycles and 4 wheelers riding up and down the road behind the hotel every morning from the local shop. i would stay there again

Room Tip: stay on the North side of the hotel away from the parking lot to avoid the loud 4 wheelers and motor...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business