“Please be warned”
Review of Merry Acres Inn

Merry Acres Inn
Ranked #9 of 25 Hotels in Albany
Reviewed May 18, 2009

I can't understand all of the glowing reviews and recommendations for this hotel. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone. Actually calling this a hotel is very misleading, it is actually a motel with outside corridors. The rooms are old and badly need updating. The bathroom had mold in the shower and in the tile grooves on the floor, I didn't even feel comfortable enough to take a shower in the morning. The rooms have old loud air conditioning units and refrigerators that will disrupt your sleep. They do allow pets so expect to smell pet urine in the bushes and grass outside your door. I know this seems quite negative but it is the honest truth, I just want people to be fair warned before they spend their hard earned money on this hotel, spending a few more bucks for better quality would be worth it. I only stayed one night and I will never stay again.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
3  Thank SouthernSpecial
There are newer reviews for Merry Acres Inn

Reviewed April 26, 2009

We stayed at the Quality Inn Merry Acres on the Friday night before the Snickers Marathon and had an okay stay. The hotel is an older property that is built more like the old fashioned motor lodges, with doors that open directly to the parking lot with your car right out front. The room was nice enough but the walls were very thin so much so that I could hear our neighbor's TV at night, and their alarm clock go off in the morning.
The staff was friendly, but seemed a little overwhelmed by the volume of visitors at check in. We missed out on the breakfast because we wanted to be at the start line early.
If I had to do it over again, I'd probably stay at the Hilton Garden Inn, which is more expensive, but more like the hotels I personally prefer to stay in.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 16, 2009

Staff courteous. Stay was very memorable. Looking forward to staying there again. Thanks for everything.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 14, 2008

I stayed two nights in Albany, GA. The staff is exceptional, they have a manger's reception Tuesday and Wednesday with beer and wine. The internet is good and fast. The breakfast is awesome and hot. Best Stay in Albany. And the price is cheap.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank Miguel_WI
Reviewed November 3, 2008

I stayed at Merry Acres for 1 night on a business trip while traveling through Albany, GA. I only paid $59 + tax for 1 night. The front desk was quick and courteous. The room and grounds were very clean and well kept. The free internet was fast and worked great. The free hot breakfast was an actual buffet with eggs, grits, bacon, sausage, etc. While this is still a motel, you won't be able to find a better room for your money. If you need a clean room with high speed internet, and free breakfast, this is your place.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed October 6, 2008

The hotel was nice, hot breakfast buffet was good, staff people friendly. My family was there Oct.2- 6. First time there and last time, customer service need help treated rudely.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed February 23, 2008

After reading the reviews, you never know what to expect. Since we were traveling with our dog (and two toddlers), we needed a pet friendly place.

When we arrived, we were greeted at the front desk by the manager, and subject of a previous tripadvisor reviewer's complaint, Celeste. (I felt like we were meeting a celebrity because I recognized her name from this site reviews! I was amused).

Anyway, being leery of the place because of the mixed reviews, I asked if I could see a room before I booked one. She happily gave me a key to an empty room and sent us on our way to investigate. I found the room to be spotlessly clean and directly across from the property's restaurant.

Upon return to the desk, I registered and found Celeste to be extremely friendly and helpful. She printed us directions to a few area attractions we had inquired about and made some food recommendations.

I told her about the TripAdvisor review mentioning her and we both had a good chuckle over it after she explained the circumstances.

Anyway, as far as the hotel goes - We had two double beds and a clean bathroom. The A/C worked properly and quietly. The TV worked properly, beds comfortable, etc. There was nothing to complain about. We were directly across from the free breakfast.

The breakfast was staffed by two attendants and was extremely clean and well stocked. Typical breakfast fare: Scrambled eggs, sausage (links and patties), biscuits, gravy, bacon, yogurt, cereal, waffles, milk, juice, coffee, danish, toast, bagels and cream cheese and a little more. For free, this was about the best hotel breakfast we've had.

Checkout was equally smooth, again assisted by Celeste.

Our only complaint was that it rained all night. I had to walk the dog around 12:30AM and got soaked. I blame this primarily on Celeste.

We'll stay here again if we return to Albany.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with family