“They have Bed Bugs”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #18 of 25 Hotels in Albany
Reviewed June 4, 2012

I stayed here in April of 2012 and later on the same day I left I realized I had many bites that began itching more and more. I am a heavy sleeper so I did not feel anything on me or biting me during the night. Once I got home I went to the doctor to confirm it was not an allergic reaction but bites. I would not recommend anyone stay here.

Room Tip: Dont stay at the Sleep Inn in Albany, GA
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed May 6, 2012

This was my second stay here and it was better than than the previous time. First time a few years ago was packed with guests coming and going in and out with doors slamming and walls shaking. This time was much quieter. These properties aren't built well enough to handle a lot of traffic at once. The location worked for me. Breakfast could be better, sausage biscuits helped but some hard boiled eggs would of complemented well. Also a comfortable chair in the room would of been nice. To me the formula is simple, relaxing night and a good start in the morning and I'm happy.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 9, 2012

This hotel is looking tired since our last visit. There were also a lot of young teenagers hanging around. The breakfast once again was wonderful. Lots of great food. Fresh yogurt, toast, bagels, cereal. The location is a little out of the way but for 58.00 tax included it was a good deal.

Room Tip: Make sure you check out the room, the first one they gave us had a definite smoky smell. It was a n...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 28, 2012

My wife and I were pleased and surprised at the quality and cleanliness of this economy class hotel. It was what we would expect of a much more expensive lodging-in fact it was one of our best experiences ever.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank btb333
Reviewed October 18, 2011

The Comfort Inn was not available down the street so I stayed here and was very pleased at the quality of the room for the price. Mini fridge and a small micro wave were nice additions. Decent shower and decent options for channels on the TV. Clean and comfortable. Would stay here again, and would choose over the comfort Inn down the street. The only problem found, and for me it's a big problem is the iron is connected to the ironing board. I mean really connected, not just by the cord, but the holder that normally is attached to the wall that holds the iron is screwed into the ironing board itself. This is right on the end that you have to try to iron with.

If they are having a problem with theft, then just charge those folks who take the irons, but this has got to be the dumbest ideal I have ever seen. The boards are almost not workable without a lot of maneuvering.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank DywaneH
Reviewed August 14, 2011

The hotel was nice and I knew the area because I have stayed there before. When I checked in I had to wait 10 minutes for the attendant acknowledged me while trying to help some with wireless internet. When it was time to turn in we found someones lisense made up in the bed. The carpet neded to be vaccumed. However, once I notified the front desk which was very helpful they corrected everything. The cleaning staff did an excellent job just should have been done the first time. Other than that my stay was nice

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 7, 2011

Since the hotel is 100% smoke free expect the smokers to prop open the "secure" door allowing their exhaled smoke to filter through the hotel's ventilation system.

The room was dirty with someone's cut fingernails on the floor and some left over trash around the bathroom floor. The decor said "80's".

The TV was old school, but had a good amount of channels.

While the breakfast was complimentary, most of it was stale and the cereals were all off-brands.

The WiFi signal was very poor in the rooms, leaving much to be desired.

Upon checkout, the manager had an "I could care less" attitude. Do yourself a favor, Avoid this location.

• Stayed: March 2011