“Nice hotel”

Ranked #19 of 24 Hotels in Albany
Jacksonville, Florida
“Nice hotel”
Reviewed August 14, 2011

The hotel was nice and I knew the area because I have stayed there before. When I checked in I had to wait 10 minutes for the attendant acknowledged me while trying to help some with wireless internet. When it was time to turn in we found someones lisense made up in the bed. The carpet neded to be vaccumed. However, once I notified the front desk which was very helpful they corrected everything. The cleaning staff did an excellent job just should have been done the first time. Other than that my stay was nice

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed June 7, 2011

Since the hotel is 100% smoke free expect the smokers to prop open the "secure" door allowing their exhaled smoke to filter through the hotel's ventilation system.

The room was dirty with someone's cut fingernails on the floor and some left over trash around the bathroom floor. The decor said "80's".

The TV was old school, but had a good amount of channels.

While the breakfast was complimentary, most of it was stale and the cereals were all off-brands.

The WiFi signal was very poor in the rooms, leaving much to be desired.

Upon checkout, the manager had an "I could care less" attitude. Do yourself a favor, Avoid this location.

• Stayed March 2011
1 Thank TallTrainer

Travelers are raving about these Albany hotels

Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed January 5, 2011

Would stay here again. The rooms are outdated, but they weren't worn out. The price is right for the stay. So if you want a clean room, comfortable bed, and a hot shower for a good price... then this is the place.

My only complaint is the rooms being outdated colors...i felt like I walked into my grandmother-in-law's house from the 70's.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Cobourg, Canada
Reviewed November 1, 2010

We have stayed in Albany Ga several times and have not found a motel that could really distinquish themselves. They were all just ok. Well, we sorta got lost and found ourselves driving past Sleep Inn. A Choice hotel. Well, we remember their CEO on Undercover and thought lets give it a try. First of all, it had curb appeal and when we checked in and discovered it was 50 dollars complete with internet and breakfast. It was clean, had a separate wash basin area from the toilet and shower which we like....had a frig, micowave, and coffee pot. Flat screen LCD tv....... what a deal...... Sleep Inn is tops on my list now.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Dothan, Alabama
Reviewed September 15, 2010

Sleep Inn is usually my favorite place to stay out of all the choice hotels. Not in Albany, I will never stay there again. Some of the staff is very unprofessional. The house keepers yell up and down the hall at each other constantly. Didn't get any sleep due to all the noise. Seriously, I stay in hotels at least twice a week and this is the loudest most chaotic hotel thus far. After promised a late check out, I was once woke up by the housekeepers banging on the door and after I told her I had a late check out the front desk calls harrassing me. Also, the worst wireless internet I have ever exprienced.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank kristen1011
Hot Springs, Arkansas
Reviewed March 30, 2009

I've grown to really like Sleep Inn's when traveling on a budget as they've been pretty dependable as far as quality goes. It took me about two minutes to check in and I found the room to be very clean was happy to see a new flat screen television in the room. Also, I found this location to have one of the strongest wireless internet signals I've ever had in a motel. I'm not much of a fan of four or five small pillows, vs. two normal sized pillows, but I'll take it. This location is about three miles from what seemed to be the main shopping/restaurant area of Albany (west side of town). I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
Fayetteville, AR
Reviewed January 8, 2009

I spent a single night at this Sleep Inn. The room was clean, the beds were comfortable, the night was quiet, and the breakfast was usual Choice Hotels fare. In short, it was exactly what I expected. I recommend this hotel..

• Liked — It was clean
  • Disliked — the location was a little out of the way
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)