“Enjoyed my stay”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Adel
JACKSONVILLE
“Enjoyed my stay”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Had a good stay. The only thing is when I was taking a shower and someone upstairs was taking a shower? The water in my shower would get ice cold!! You could hear them turn the water on and off.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Patti W, Manager at Super 8 Adel, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Thank you for taking time to give Super 8 your review. Hope you come back to visit soon! I'm sorry to hear about your experience with the shower going cold on you. Have Super-safe travels until we see you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Kima720
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Typical Super 8 dated but decent. Safe area police presence in town so we felt safe staff was friendly and helpful.restaurants near by and easy on and off freeway access which is a plus. Nice pool area our room was right across from the pool that was a good thing also.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Patti W, General Manager at Super 8 Adel, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Thank you for your kind comments about our town, our staff and our property. It is a pleasure having you stay with us and hope you’ll return soon! We will soon be changing the breakfast choices and offer our guests Simply Super Cinnamon Rolls, wheat toast, waffles and fruit. I am certain you'll enjoy the new options!
Harrison

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Adel hotels

Harrison
Reviewed July 2, 2012

We came in 6/29/12 @ 10pm; we were so tired the AC did not work. We tried to sleep anyway the office had nobody that could help us. We had 2 pillows that were for an infant bed and lumpy had to go next day buy pillows office said they didn't have any. Left next day to pick up family and came back after 3pm the AC still not working. They didn't have anyone to look at it; but 2 guys that had been drinking came and tried to swap out it didn't work either. The guy went to our sink to wash a filter out that he said earlier was cleaned, left the water running and asked the other guy to go over and turn it off my husband stood up and said I will turn it off the guy kept pushing my husband trying to get over to the sink where all of our stuff was and my husband kept saying you need to leave now. The other guy bowed up like he was going to fight because my husband figured out something was wrong, they were horrible. It was a very uncomfortable situation there. We left to see if it would cool down since we had to meet family and came back and it still hot. I called the office and said we are checking out to not charge us for today Another came into the room without notifing himself (of course drunk also) and said are you leaving. My husband said you get out of here now. I feel we should have gotten reimbursed for Friday also since we had no AC and pillows. The parking lot and motel was full of riff raff people and look very unsafe. The motel is run down real bad, the rooms were not clean there was a dark ring in the toilet with hair on the toilet!!!!! Plaster falling off the walls IT WAS HORRIBLE!!!! I called the motel from H---!!!! We went across the interstate to Days Inn and had a WONDERFUL REST until we had to leave on Sunday. . .

Room Tip: Do not choose this motel - very unsafe
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Super 8 Adel, responded to this review, July 6, 2012
I'm sorry you had such a trying experience, especially after traveling all day and arriving late. The day you were here was a Friday night in June - one of our busiest months; so our hotel was full, mostly of families traveling to Florida. June in South Georgia is very hot and the AC in your room should have been turned on earlier, especially if we knew you were going to arrive late. I will review this issue with our staff and hopefully learn from this and the other items you mentioned. Thanks for taking the time to let us know where we need to improve.
Louisville KY
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Overall just what I expected. However when my daughter and I went to eat at the continental breakfast, we watched an middle aged African American man fix a plate of breakfast for his sleeping children. On his way out of the lobby the staff informed him that no food was allowed out of the area because it could attract roaches in the rooms. So he left his food on the table. Then a older white woman filed her tray with food and proceeded to leave with it. They then told her she couldn't take out her food. She "oh, but my husband is ill" the management said "ok" you can take it. Really? I don't feel like that was fair. Rules are rules. If the man can't take food then neither should the woman, period! I'm not making this a racial thing just trying to set the mood for potential guests. Aside from this, everything was what you'd expect from a $47 hotel. Although my above experience was enough that I won't be back.

• Stayed July 2012
, General Manager at Super 8 Adel, responded to this review, July 6, 2012
Thank you for your stay and your opinion of our hotel. I am glad to see you enjoyed your room and am sorry you were offended by the decision that was made by myself and my desk staff. No offense was intended, but it did make sense to me. If a person is ill it is better not to expose other guests to possibly getting ill too.
Louisville KY

• Stayed July 2012
Mybearsbaby
Reviewed April 18, 2012

We stopped at this hotel on the way home from our cruise and Florida vacation. We had driven til 1am, and were both too tired to go on, so we started looking for a cheap but clean place to rest our eyes til morning, have some breakfast, and start off fresh.
We found this place right off the interstate, and at $43 after taxes, the price was right. Check in staff was very friendly. We walked into our room and were bombarded by the overpowering smell of bleach. There were two full beds, tiny but adequate. My husband and I shared the first bed, and the other was unoccupied. After climbing into bed, I found a bunch of hair-not sure if it was dog hair or human hair, all over the comforter. Yuck! We just used the sheets and blanket, which were clean. There was white stuff behind the bed...I think plaster off the wall, and the bathroom door was half painted, but mostly clean. The hotel was right beside the interstate, so thereI was lots of truck noise, but we were able to drift off to sleep. The area seemed fairly safe.
The next morning, we went to the lobby and had breakfast. There was a very poor selection: just cereal, bagels and muffins. They also had coffee, apple and orange juice. We ate, then checked out with the hotel staff. We went back to the room and I got a shower before we got back on the road.
Bottom line: This hotel served our purpose. It was fine for a few hours of rest and a place to shower, but I would not recommend it for an extended stay. On the plus side: the hotel staff was very pleasant, and very helpful.

• Stayed April 2012
Patti W, General Manager at Super 8 Adel, responded to this review, April 28, 2012
Thank you for giving us your opinion. I am glad you felt our staff was pleasant and friendly and I noticed you scored us high on service. However, I am sorry to see you were inconvenienced by a couple items. Super 8 is in the process of changing the breakfast items and I am sure you’ll like the choices: fruit, wheat bread, yogurt & waffles! I would appreciate another opportunity to make your stay better during your next trip through our area. Contact me personally and I will discount your next visit by 20%.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Adel
Days Inn-Adel-South Georgia-Motorsports Park
Howard Johnson Valdosta
Howard Johnson Valdosta
#26 of 33 in Valdosta
Drury Inn & Suites Valdosta

Been to Super 8 Adel? Share your experiences!