“Great fun!”

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great fun!”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

We took a pontoon boat tour to see the vultures. I apologize, but I don't remember the boat captain's or the guide's names. They were both fantastic and very knowledgeable. Even though most of the vultures had already left the area, it was still pretty incredible to see the remaining ones. We got to see some of the gopher tortoises. I don't believe we had ever seen any of these in the wild, so we were thrilled to see them. The park also has a wide variety of birds, including bald eagles which we unfortunately did not get to see. There is a campground that we all agreed we will have to try sometime. We were just passing through on our way to Florida, so we didn't get to spend as much time there as we would have liked. Next time, we plan to spend the weekend.

Visited March 2013
2 Thank A O

Maumelle, Arkansas
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 105 helpful votes
“Reed Bingham State Park Campground”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

For clarification, I am only rating the campground as it relates to RV and Trailer camping. No consideration is given for other aspects of a campground/park, such as swimming pools, clubhouses, or activities such as fishing or canoeing. Also, many campgrounds may have RV/TT sites that vary in quality. My assessment is base on what I perceive as the best they have to offer.

I use a two part rating system. The first is based on the basic elements that most campgrounds provide. The value for each of the items is fixed. This puts all campground on the same level based on what they provide. The final rating is the basic number plus a factor of my assessment of campground maintenance, cleanliness and overall aesthetics. Occasionally, I will throw in a note to explain my evaluation. Most any campground can earn at least a basic 5.0 rating. For me an acceptable campground for a multiple night stay will have to have a final rating of 7.0 or above. Very few campgrounds will go over a 9.0 with 10 being the max.

On Trip advisor a 6.5 to 7.0 is equivalent to 3 circles, four circles will be 7.5 to 8.0 and 5 circles are above will be 8.5 and above.

Basic evaluation: RV/Trailer Campsite review, (48) sites only 18 with sewer hookup, Surface: gravel (good width with decent back-in ease), Electricity Hookup: all have 20-30-50 amp connection, Water Hookup: Yes, Sewer Hookup: Yes, Dump station: Yes, Grills/Fire Ring: Yes, Picnic Table: Yes, Comfort Station: Yes. Value = 5.5

Secondary rating. Based on the, good maintenance of the sites, cleanliness of the comfort station, I added 1.5 points to the rating for an overall rating of 6.5

This is generally a decent park with a few really pretty sites but most sites are blah. I did not find the campground very interesting. If you like the lake activities, canoeing, fishing etc you probably would rate it higher. If you are traveling it is defiantly good for an overnight stay. We stayed here 5/2013 for two nights (30 Ft. travel trailer).
Note:
While we were there the flying gnats were very annoying. If stood in one place for more that a minute they were all in your face.

The site cable TV hookups were not working while we were there.

There is a good seafood restaurant open Thursday, Friday, and Saturday just outside the gate.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank ArkTraveler72113
Cleveland, OH
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Beautiful park”
Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

We camped here over the weekend. The campground is very nice. The spanish moss trees are awesome. The facilities are a little worn out but they keep everything pretty clean.

Visited May 2013
Cleveland, Georgia
76 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 191 helpful votes
“Get Out and Stretch”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I like to stop here to get out of my vehicle and walk around. They have a couple of decent little trails, and you can do some fishing too. It's also a great place to watch birds, and they have a really nice gopher tortoise preserve. It's not too far from I-75 if you are heading either north or south.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank advocon
Anderson, South Carolina
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Always a pleasure....”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This was our second time staying here in our RV on the way to FL. It is always a pleasure. Georgia KNOWS how to do it when it comes to State Park Campgrounds and after 12 times staying in ten of them, we can't wait to see the rest. The staff is always friendly, the sites clean and spacious and restrooms clean and well appointed. The lack of WiFi is the only drawback, and at some of them cell phone service may not be readily available without walking a distance to get it. For a comfortable outdoor experience at a very reasonable price, GA State Park Campgrounds cannot be beat.

Visited March 2013

Been to Reed Bingham State Park? Share your experiences!