“Dry and tasteless!”
Review of Character's Famous BBQ - CLOSED

Character's Famous BBQ
Reviewed February 25, 2014

If this is common BBQ in the south, they need to check out northern ways of cooking! It was dry and tasted weird, like some kind of other animal meat. The inside of this little hut was filthy! We were going to eat inside but took it to go after seeing inside. I almost didn't order at all. Wish I hadn't! Don't bother with this place!

There are newer reviews for Character's Famous BBQ

Reviewed February 18, 2014

I admit it; I am a BBQ Snob. I am very picky when it comes to BBQ, and Character's BBQ Ribs are by far the best I've ever had. I can't help but think that the people who gave this place a bad rating are more accustomed to fast-food-type BBQ instead of the real thing. These ribs are slow smoked over hickory and are wonderful. They just fall off the bone.

Reviewed January 18, 2014

Character's is one of the best BBQ places I have ever eaten at. The pulled pork was so tender and has a great smoke flavor. You can not go wrong with any of the homade sides. They are all very good. You get a lot of food for the money. Well worth the drive and wait for the food.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Characters is the best bbq I've ever had. Pulled pork falls apart. Very busy at lunch so get there early. Average price for bbq. Would highly recommend.

1  Thank BigDaddyB
Reviewed December 3, 2013

This eatery was so dirty I actually threw the food away after getting some kind of grit in the first bite. Looking behind the counter I could see why something had gotten in the sandwich (I cringe to wonder what it was i bit into).