Review Highlights
Very relaxing!

I had a pedicure (with a mimosa in my hand) and a Swedish massage. Both were very enjoyable and... read more

Reviewed April 10, 2017
Janis F
Roanoke, Virginia
Relaxing

I enjoyed my massage at the spa. Courtney did a wonderful job on my Swedish massage and I was... read more

Reviewed July 26, 2016
airguys
Pike Road, Alabama
via mobile

See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed September 2, 2015 via mobile

I have been to the spa twice. The first time was a 60 minute massage and mani/pedi. The massage was wonderful and probably the best I've ever had. The mani/pedi was probably the worst I've ever had. They are very expensive and do not have the spa style chairs with jacuzzi foot tubs. They didn't offer any kind of gel polish and the Polish they used came off the very next day. You get a much better deal and a much better manicure at an actual nail salon.
The hot tub and sauna/steamrooom are nice and you can use them before or after your appointments.
My second visit was a 90 minute massage and a 60 minute facial. Again the massage was great and the facial was average. All the products sold in the spa store are very expensive. I bought a small jar of facial cream for $100 and would have been just as satisfied with a $20 product from the drugstore. All in all it is a nice atmosphere and the massages are wonderful. I wouldn't pay for any of the other services again.

Date of experience: September 2015
1  Thank Stepp M
Reviewed June 29, 2015

I rarely have the time to indulge in a massage. I was so excited when the opportunity presented itself to get a 90 minute deep tissue and reflexology massage. I admit, it was a bit difficult not to fall asleep and drool during the massage! The facilities were very nice and the staff was kind and helpful.

Date of experience: June 2015
Reviewed May 17, 2015

We had a great spa experience. I had an excellent massage, some girls had facials, and we were all very happy with the service, and the Spa itself. Totally relaxed, and great spa products!

Date of experience: June 2014
Reviewed May 17, 2015

Spent four days at Barnsley Gardens, with three rounds of golf with my senior golf group. A unique location with interesting history. Room accommodations were good, nothing outstanding. The golf course was a treat. Front nine are relatively flat or rolling, while the back nine are up the hillsides, with spectacular views of distant mountains, foothills of the Appalachians. Very large greens, advertised as fastest in the Southeast and probably true. The Woodlands Grill, at the golf course, was only place to eat on site. Food varied from ok (trout) to excellent (lamb chops). Other restaurant, The Rice House, only open Thur thru Sat.
In summary, an enjoyable golf experience at a scenic venue.

Date of experience: May 2015
Reviewed May 2, 2015 via mobile

For our purposes, this was a day trip to the Gardens. We had an excellent tour and a lot of history. Plants had started to bloom, just an enjoyable walking tour. I can not speak on the rest but it did seem expensive. Every time we asked about prices, we were told to check the front desk since they (garden workers) did not know the rates.. They had a lot of things to do, golfing, various types of hunting. Check out the place on line and if the activities there are what you like, make your decision. As for me, the day visit to the gardens was wonderful and about all I could afford. However, in my view and not a once a month thing for me, if there is a very special celebration and you at the least use the spa and the golfing, this just might be your place to visit. My only issue was that there are several cabins on the property but only one ( it would house a lot of people) had a kit hen. Just seems they were trying go push every one yo the on ground restaurants. Because of the price, you will have to make the choice but it is in a beautiful area and if nothing else go for the gardens !!!!!