Review Highlights

Reviewed July 26, 2016
airguys
Pike Road, Alabama
via mobile

See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed November 8, 2017 via mobile

We had a day at the spa scheduled. I drove for 2 hours to experience the resort. While at the spa, they would put you in a very small room to wait for your service. My friend and myself had a day planned. Massage, facial, lunch and a pedicure. First was the massage. The Tiger Shell Massage, very nice! When that was done we were put in that small room to wait. Next I had a pedicure while my friend had her facial. I enjoyed the pedicure, the technician was very nice and has a lot of potential. After this we were again put in this small room. After sitting in this room for 45 minuets I went out to the front desk to ask what we are waiting on. We were supposed to of had lunch at this time, but they forgot about us. So our lunch hour was gone sitting in this small room. I was taken for my facial and my friend her pedicure. I was not at all pleased with this facial. It just involved a lot of creams applied to my face. No pore cleaning, no unwanted hair plucked, nothing. Now at this time our time at the spa has ended. They did bring us a small salad and a drink. We were suppose to have been leaving, for our 2hour drive home but now we are an hour later leaving than we were suppose to. So our 2 hour drive ended up being 3 hours because of Atlanta Friday traffic. Not a good day!

3  Thank cwillis01
Alexis P, Manager at The Spa at Barnsley Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2018

Thank you for visiting us at the Spa at Barnsley Resort! We apologize for the delayed response and also apologize for your negative experience here. Since the time of this review, we have renovated our waiting room as well as added better facial options. Again, we cannot apologize enough and will share this information with our team so that they can improve when similar situations like these arise in the future. We hope that you will come back soon and allow us to regain your trust!

Reviewed September 14, 2017 via mobile

Small spa with excellent staff and services. Only negative is that treatment rooms are located near the check in and out station. It can get noisy if someone isn't mindful of the volume level. It didn't bother me but it could be distracting for some. I would go back.

Carmen M, Manager at The Spa at Barnsley Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2017

Thank you for joining us at The Spa at Barnsley Resort. We are delighted you enjoyed the staff and services. We look forward to your return!

Reviewed April 10, 2017

I had a pedicure (with a mimosa in my hand) and a Swedish massage. Both were very enjoyable and left me feeling very relaxed. Everyone at The Spa was pleasant to deal with and appointments were on time. What a pleasant experience!

1  Thank Janis F
Carmen M, Manager at The Spa at Barnsley Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2017

Thank you for joining us at The Spa at Barnsley Resort. We are thrilled you enjoyed your pedicure and Swedish massage. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed July 26, 2016 via mobile

I enjoyed my massage at the spa. Courtney did a wonderful job on my Swedish massage and I was disappointed when my time was up. The waiting area is very small, but it was not a problem this particular morning because there was only one other person there.

Carmen M, Manager at The Spa at Barnsley Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2017

Thank you for allowing us to service you at The Spa at Barnsley Resort. We are delighted you enjoyed your Swedish massage. We look forward to your next service!

Reviewed July 6, 2016 via mobile

The spa at Barnsley Gardens was relaxing and rejuvenating! I called the day before to book my Deep Tissue Massage and was greeted with a friendly and informative staff member. Joan was my masseuse and made me feel very comfortable. The massage and essential oils were heavenly!
Joan also gave me tips on how to relax my aching neck and back muscles and gain headache relief once I get home. A great experience all around! Highly recommend!

Reviewed May 30, 2016

A few women and myself met to do a retreat and decided we also wanted to go to a spa. We picked this one. We had some communication problems with them (they cancelled our reservations) BUT the girl worked wonders and we all got in for the same time and needs. And worked with us for the frustration of the issue. Which was a good sign of a good business wanting to please their customers. So it all went very well. Its not a very big place but relaxing and the folks accommodating. My massage was wonderful. Woman was very knowledgable about the body. The 3 other women I was with also loved their massages too. Two had facials. We also liked the products they sell. In fact their prices of the items they sell were a bit cheaper than Amazon. I had small lunch of a salad delivered over to me while waiting on the other girls that I ate in the whirlpool room. Would probably visit them again if I am in the area. We also did eat later at the restaurant (we were famished after our massages) and the food was very good. Service was good too and they were friendly. Tasty cocktails! I took a walk to the ruins and gardens while waiting on my friends. Very beautiful. The whole resort has a 'perfect town' look to it. Tree lined streets, perfectly groomed, all nice houses and everything one would need is right there (except a grocery store). Pool, spa, golf, shooting range, bar, and gardens. Wouldn't have to leave for anything. Interesting place.

1  Thank gypsyiam
Reviewed December 13, 2015

Recent massage was very disappointing--- would not recommend spa services in place of other outdoor activities-

1  Thank SadieAtlantaGa831
Reviewed October 14, 2015

Trip Advisor doesn't have a listing for the original house ruins and gardens so I'll put it here. DO NOT MISS SEEING THIS PLACE! The old house is awesome and has a great story to tell. There's always someone in the house to tell you the history of the family, the house, and the origins of the gardens. We thoroughly enjoyed taking our group of 13 through the place.

3  Thank liamo774
Reviewed September 28, 2015 via mobile

I attend a business meeting each year with my husband and always find time for the spa. Sherry is fantastic when it comes to facials and I always ask for her. The facility offers a hot tub, steam room and sauna. I highly recommend this spa for a single or several treatments while staying at Barnsley.

Reviewed September 2, 2015 via mobile

I have been to the spa twice. The first time was a 60 minute massage and mani/pedi. The massage was wonderful and probably the best I've ever had. The mani/pedi was probably the worst I've ever had. They are very expensive and do not have the spa style chairs with jacuzzi foot tubs. They didn't offer any kind of gel polish and the Polish they used came off the very next day. You get a much better deal and a much better manicure at an actual nail salon.
The hot tub and sauna/steamrooom are nice and you can use them before or after your appointments.
My second visit was a 90 minute massage and a 60 minute facial. Again the massage was great and the facial was average. All the products sold in the spa store are very expensive. I bought a small jar of facial cream for $100 and would have been just as satisfied with a $20 product from the drugstore. All in all it is a nice atmosphere and the massages are wonderful. I wouldn't pay for any of the other services again.

1  Thank Stepp M