“Defines Southern Charm”
Review of Barnsley Resort

Barnsley Resort
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Adairsville
Reviewed January 24, 2006

Everything about our visit to Barnsley was perfect. Staff could not have been more charming or helpful. Cottages were very charming, food was superb, spa
services were first-rate and staff went out of their way to make you feel relaxed. Want to go back soon.

• Stayed: September 2005
2  Thank gsdc
There are newer reviews for Barnsley Resort

Reviewed January 16, 2006

Being from California, I wish Barnsley Gardens was closer. Nothing is overlooked here (unlike the Overlook Inn in Chatsworth, GA), from guest services (great golf, health club, horseback riding, skeet, etc.) to customer service. The grounds are spectacular and immaculate, the design refreshing, private duplexes, great food and again, great customer service.

Rooms could use some refreshing, but still nice with great amenities.

If I'm back this way, I'll stay here!

• Stayed: January 2006
1  Thank Sambeaux
Reviewed December 27, 2005

This is a very charming resort. I have never seen anything like it. I would definetely recommend this place in the warmer months. When we went in December everything was dry and brown although we still had a very nice time. We could only imagine how pretty it would be in the Springtime. I went with my husband but i kept thinking it would be a nice place to bring my two kids. Now i feel like i want to go back again and see it in the spring. I rated it with 4 stars instead of 5 because of the time of year we went, I am sure if we went in the spring I would have given it 5 stars.

• Stayed: December 2005
1  Thank hjguinn
Reviewed November 26, 2005

I chose Barnsley Gardens as the place to go for an all girls weekend of relaxation (and mom's birthday celebration) after reading all the good reviews about the resort's service. We went for two nights and got the spa indulgence package-which we all loved.

We were disappointed when we got there because our cottages, which were supposed to be next to each other and sharing a porch, were not. However, the staff was very helpful and apologetic and managed to put us together for the second night, in addition to giving us a discount.

Other than that, everything was wonderful! The service was exceptional. I mentioned it was my mom's 65th birthday and she got lots of surprises from the birthday fairy! We had our fireplace lit up every night and stayed in the room--which was very nice and cozy.

There are many activities to do at Barnsley (which is good, because there is nothing to do in Adairsville)--horseback riding, golf, biking, hiking, fly fishing, croquet, etc. I couldn't help thinking that it was like a luxury summer camp for grown-ups! The spa treatments we got were great.

The only downside to our visit was that the gardens were quite dry. I can only imagine the beauty of that place in Spring!

I definitely recommend Barnsley for a weekend stay or even just a Sunday brunch and spa day, for those who live in Atlanta. It is a great escape form the city and a wonderful pampering experience!

• Stayed: October 2005
6  Thank Leisurepax
Reviewed October 11, 2005

spent my wifes 50th birthday at Barnsley, and it was a wonderful experience. Service was exceptional. Food was excellent. Accomodations great. Enjoyed the golf. Wife enjoyed the spa treatment. Grounds are awesome. Mentioned to the staff when we made the reservations that it was my wifes birthday. Just mentioning that once they delivered balloons to the room, and had a desert with a candle for her at dinner. Nice touch. One night they had wine tasting at the grill which was nice. This is such a great spot in the middle of nowhere, yet just an hour from Atlanta. The resort is so peaceful and tranquil it made for a great get away.

• Stayed: October 2005
2  Thank luvshawaii
Reviewed June 13, 2005

After finding Barnsley Gardens Resort on a luxury travel site, I checked it out on trip advisor before going any futher. Everything sounded really nice about the resort, so I decided to book a 4 night package for our anniversary for the last week of May. My husband was a little sceptical, but it turned out to be one of the best vacations we'd ever taken!

Check-in
Check-in at the resort was great. We had no problems and it was quick. A guide took us to our cottage and explained a little of the history of the estate to us. He gave us a map of the resort and explained where everything was located. Basically everything is within walking distance of your cottage.

Cottage
The resort has only 33 cottages. Ours was really nice and elegantly decorated. It had a front porch with rocking chairs and a back porch with wicker furniture. The inside had a livingroom with a fireplace, a bedroom with a kingsize bed, 12' ceilings, and a bathroom with a large bathtub with clawfeet and a seperate shower. Terrycloth bathrobes were hanging on the bathroom door for you.The bedroom had french doors leading out onto the back porch. The only thing I can think of it didn't have was a microwave.

The Resort & Gardens
The resort & gardens were breathtaking. There were all kinds of trees and flowers in bloom while we were there. Each cottage is landscaped different and each one beautiful. We saw several kinds of wildlife and the grounds included the original Manor House Ruins. It also had a museum that explains all about the history of the Barnsley Estate. They also have an outpost where you can purchase snacks and gifts.

Dining
The food was fabulous!. The chefs do a wonderful job at breakfast, lunch, and dinner. We felt like we were dining in a world famous restaurant. The food was, by far, the best we'd ever had on vacation. We live apx. 3 hours away and I would drive here to have dinner for an anniversary or special occasion anytime. They also have a beer garden that is open seasonally.

Golf
The golf course was immaculate with flawless greens. The 18 hole course was designed by Jim Fazio and is very challanging. The course is ranked 13th in the State of Georgia by Golf Digest.

Activities
There are several activities available at the resort. They have golf, sporting clays, a swimming pool, hiking, mountaing biking, horseback riding, tennis, a spa & fitness center, fly fishing, and lawn games. We took our bikes, but bikes are available at the resort. The 2 longer hiking/biking trails were a little strenuous for bicycles.

Pool & Spa
The pool was nice and quite. Even though the resort was pretty much full, we rarely saw anyone, except at dinner. We swam and laid out at the pool everyday and never saw over 2 or 3 other people there. This was great! They also had a small snack bar at the pool where you could get snacks and drinks (including alcohol). The fitness center had excercise equipment, a steam room, whirlpool, and sauna. The spa was nice. They offer probably 25-30 different spa treatments, from a facial to a full body wrap or massage.

The service was incredible. From the time we arrived until the time we left, we felt pampered and special. The staff was very friendly and courteous. Our waiter was helpful in suggesting something on the menu if we weren't sure what we wanted. We were never dissapointed in what he recommended. We had a picnic basket delivered to our door one day for lunch. We ate out on our back porch and the food was so good! They also brought us champagne and hors d'oeuvres to our cottage one night. If you wanted, they would deliver your dinner to a private location inside the gardens, such as the Manor House Ruins. The staff came in everyday and refilled our refrigerator with bottled water and cokes if we needed them.

Overall Experience
This was a truely a wonderful vacation! We are already planning to go back sometime in the future. We've recommended it to our family and friends. This place is more beautiful than the pictures. It would be a great place for a wedding, honeymoon, or just a weekend getaway. After getting home, I found Barnsley Gardens Resort listed as one of only 48 luxury hotels listed in the Unites States. I can definetly see why! If you decide to travel here, I'm sure you would not be disappointed.

14  Thank Deb19583101
Reviewed May 21, 2005

Received a gift of the Art/History/Garden package fora combination birthday/Mothers Day surprise. Unbelievable! English countrycottages right in the middle of the Georgia woods. Beautiful flowers, interesting history of the property, the most attentive staff I've ever seen, elegant restaurants, and special activites-golf, spa, etc. --all within a stroll from your cottage home. The "little things" added up to a perfect experience--soft drinks in the cottage upon arrival, chilled bottled water placed by your bedside at night, picnic baskets transported to location of your choice, even large umbrellas placed at the doors of your cottage. We were thoroughly spoiled!

• Stayed: March 2005
6  Thank mchurch
Also consider these accommodations in or near Adairsville
Hampton Inn and Suites Adairsville/Calhoun Area
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Rome
Hampton Inn & Suites Rome
Magnuson Hotel Countryside
Magnuson Hotel Countryside
#5 of 5 in Adairsville
Fairfield Inn & Suites Calhoun
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rome

Been to Barnsley Resort? Share your experiences!