I chose Barnsley Gardens as the place to go for an all girls weekend of relaxation (and mom's birthday celebration) after reading all the good reviews about the resort's service. We went for two nights and got the spa indulgence package-which we all loved.
We were disappointed when we got there because our cottages, which were supposed to be next to each other and sharing a porch, were not. However, the staff was very helpful and apologetic and managed to put us together for the second night, in addition to giving us a discount.
Other than that, everything was wonderful! The service was exceptional. I mentioned it was my mom's 65th birthday and she got lots of surprises from the birthday fairy! We had our fireplace lit up every night and stayed in the room--which was very nice and cozy.
There are many activities to do at Barnsley (which is good, because there is nothing to do in Adairsville)--horseback riding, golf, biking, hiking, fly fishing, croquet, etc. I couldn't help thinking that it was like a luxury summer camp for grown-ups! The spa treatments we got were great.
The only downside to our visit was that the gardens were quite dry. I can only imagine the beauty of that place in Spring!
I definitely recommend Barnsley for a weekend stay or even just a Sunday brunch and spa day, for those who live in Atlanta. It is a great escape form the city and a wonderful pampering experience!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 60 miles north of Atlanta, Barnsley Resort welcomes guests into a storybook setting enhanced by genuine Southern hospitality. Encompassing 3,300 acres, the historic Barnsley Gardens offers a unique experience. Accommodations at Barnsley Resort are located within 36 unique guest cottages inspired by the architecture of Andrew Jackson Downing. There are 90 guest rooms and suites, or you may also reserve an entire cottage. Whether looking for a relaxing getaway weekend, strategic meeting or an elegant wedding, guests will discover a retreat of privacy and perfection. Amenities include regionally inspired dining, a boutique spa, and exciting recreational choices such as world-class golf,horseback riding, hiking, biking, paintball, tennis, barnyard visits and more. SpringBank Sporting Club offers a 26 station sporting clays course and upland bird hunting at SpringBank Plantation. Guests may also visit the iconic 19th century manor house ruins and historic gardens of the original Barnsley home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire and Hotels.com so you can book your Barnsley Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barnsley Gardens Hotel Adairsville
- Barnsley Gardens Adairsville
- Barnsley Gardens Resort