After finding Barnsley Gardens Resort on a luxury travel site, I checked it out on trip advisor before going any futher. Everything sounded really nice about the resort, so I decided to book a 4 night package for our anniversary for the last week of May. My husband was a little sceptical, but it turned out to be one of the best vacations we'd ever taken!
Check-in at the resort was great. We had no problems and it was quick. A guide took us to our cottage and explained a little of the history of the estate to us. He gave us a map of the resort and explained where everything was located. Basically everything is within walking distance of your cottage.
The resort has only 33 cottages. Ours was really nice and elegantly decorated. It had a front porch with rocking chairs and a back porch with wicker furniture. The inside had a livingroom with a fireplace, a bedroom with a kingsize bed, 12' ceilings, and a bathroom with a large bathtub with clawfeet and a seperate shower. Terrycloth bathrobes were hanging on the bathroom door for you.The bedroom had french doors leading out onto the back porch. The only thing I can think of it didn't have was a microwave.
The Resort & Gardens
The resort & gardens were breathtaking. There were all kinds of trees and flowers in bloom while we were there. Each cottage is landscaped different and each one beautiful. We saw several kinds of wildlife and the grounds included the original Manor House Ruins. It also had a museum that explains all about the history of the Barnsley Estate. They also have an outpost where you can purchase snacks and gifts.
The food was fabulous!. The chefs do a wonderful job at breakfast, lunch, and dinner. We felt like we were dining in a world famous restaurant. The food was, by far, the best we'd ever had on vacation. We live apx. 3 hours away and I would drive here to have dinner for an anniversary or special occasion anytime. They also have a beer garden that is open seasonally.
The golf course was immaculate with flawless greens. The 18 hole course was designed by Jim Fazio and is very challanging. The course is ranked 13th in the State of Georgia by Golf Digest.
There are several activities available at the resort. They have golf, sporting clays, a swimming pool, hiking, mountaing biking, horseback riding, tennis, a spa & fitness center, fly fishing, and lawn games. We took our bikes, but bikes are available at the resort. The 2 longer hiking/biking trails were a little strenuous for bicycles.
Pool & Spa
The pool was nice and quite. Even though the resort was pretty much full, we rarely saw anyone, except at dinner. We swam and laid out at the pool everyday and never saw over 2 or 3 other people there. This was great! They also had a small snack bar at the pool where you could get snacks and drinks (including alcohol). The fitness center had excercise equipment, a steam room, whirlpool, and sauna. The spa was nice. They offer probably 25-30 different spa treatments, from a facial to a full body wrap or massage.
The service was incredible. From the time we arrived until the time we left, we felt pampered and special. The staff was very friendly and courteous. Our waiter was helpful in suggesting something on the menu if we weren't sure what we wanted. We were never dissapointed in what he recommended. We had a picnic basket delivered to our door one day for lunch. We ate out on our back porch and the food was so good! They also brought us champagne and hors d'oeuvres to our cottage one night. If you wanted, they would deliver your dinner to a private location inside the gardens, such as the Manor House Ruins. The staff came in everyday and refilled our refrigerator with bottled water and cokes if we needed them.
This was a truely a wonderful vacation! We are already planning to go back sometime in the future. We've recommended it to our family and friends. This place is more beautiful than the pictures. It would be a great place for a wedding, honeymoon, or just a weekend getaway. After getting home, I found Barnsley Gardens Resort listed as one of only 48 luxury hotels listed in the Unites States. I can definetly see why! If you decide to travel here, I'm sure you would not be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 60 miles north of Atlanta, Barnsley Resort welcomes guests into a storybook setting enhanced by genuine Southern hospitality. Encompassing 3,300 acres, the historic Barnsley Gardens offers a unique experience. Accommodations at Barnsley Resort are located within 36 unique guest cottages inspired by the architecture of Andrew Jackson Downing. There are 90 guest rooms and suites, or you may also reserve an entire cottage. Whether looking for a relaxing getaway weekend, strategic meeting or an elegant wedding, guests will discover a retreat of privacy and perfection. Amenities include regionally inspired dining, a boutique spa, and exciting recreational choices such as world-class golf,horseback riding, hiking, biking, paintball, tennis, barnyard visits and more. SpringBank Sporting Club offers a 26 station sporting clays course and upland bird hunting at SpringBank Plantation. Guests may also visit the iconic 19th century manor house ruins and historic gardens of the original Barnsley home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz and TripOnline SA so you can book your Barnsley Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barnsley Gardens Hotel Adairsville
- Barnsley Gardens Adairsville
- Barnsley Gardens Resort