“Great place to relax!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Adairsville
Atlanta
“Great place to relax!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2009

We visit this great resort at least once a year and sometimes more. It is very close to Atlanta and has all kinds of leisure type activities. It is a great place to take a walk to see ruins or just some great walking/hiking trails. They also have an awesome golf course that ranks up there with the best around. They also have very good food not to mention horseback riding, skeet shooting, spa, fitness and pool facilities. All the facilities are top notch and you are sure to enjoy your stay. The best part is the great cottages that you get to stay in that you just can't really describe when comparing it to any other resort they are just so charming and not easy to compart to anything.

• Liked — Cottages/Rooms
  • Disliked — Food service can be a little slow at times but sort of by design since it is a leisure type place
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Kennesaw, GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2009

Barnsley Gardens is undoubtedly Atlanta’s best kept secret! The European village setting is lovely and peaceful. The cottages are elegant yet very comfortable and cozy. I love sitting out on the porch and watching people go by or just looking out into the picturesque village. The gardens and ruins at Barnsley are absolutely beautiful to walk through. While the men played golf, we hiked through the trails and took advantage of the natural landscape which included creeks. The pool is wonderful, again with a lovely view of the golf course. The food at the Rice House and at The Woodlands Grill was delectable. The service was wonderful. The staff appears to anticipate your needs before you speak them. I always look forward to our stays at Barnsley because I know I can count on a beautiful setting, great food, and a sense of being pampered.

• Liked — The beauty of the village like setting and gardens and the service.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with friends
1 Thank efy0727
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2009

Barnsleyhas always been number one for me to host a meeting with my clients. I normally host about 20 clients for a three day meeting that includes golf, spa services and meetings. The location is to my advantage as it is about an hour's drive from Atlanta but is perfect in that my clients enjoy the meeting/social aspect of Barnsley. Once you are at the resort, you don't need a car and walk to all meeting and sports related activities.

The rooms consist of upscale cottages and most are one bedroom. Barnsley also has larger cottages and my female clients normally stay in a group in a large cottage that has at least four bedrooms with a common room in the middle. The linens and service are first class and the rooms include working fireplaces.

Food service is very accommodating in that some of my clients have special needs for their diets and have no problem at Barnsley. The golf course is very challenging and has a full service pro shop as well as a large driving range and practice area. Other activities include skeet shooting, horseback riding, fishing and a full service spa.

I have also stayed at Barnsley personally when I was not hosting a meeting and enjoyed it very much. My daughter has had several "theme" related birthdays at Barnsley and they did a great job organizing activities for the teenagers from horseback riding to a ghost tour.

I highly recommend Barnsley for either personal or business.

• Liked — Service
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank cbraves
atlanta, georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2009

My wife and I needed a break from the kids so we booked a one night getaway to relax and de-stress. Our experience could not have been any better. The grounds of this resort were more than we could have dreamed of between the golf course, pool, walking trails and outdoor beer garden. To top it off we had dinner at the restaurant on property (that was amazing) and when we returned to our cabin The Barnsley Garden "fairy god mother" had left us a bathroom full of light candles and a bottle of champagne on ice. We truly did not want to leave the next morning and are already planning our next visit.

• Liked — setting
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank chacha01
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2009

Barnsley Gardens once again delivered a phenomenal experience across the board for my family and I. We spent two nights at Barnsley during the Christmas holiday and had an exceptional time. The service was outstanding as usual and our visit was memorable. This made for a great Christmas gift for our entire family and we look forward to our next visit to Barnsley in the summer.

• Liked — Service is top-notch!
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank ld12367
atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2009

I have been to Barnsley many times and for many different reasons throught the years, but when my husband, two sons, and dog needed a weekend get-away, Barnsley was the perfect choice. We live in Atlanta, so it is an easy trip, but it does feel far away ! Our cabin was clean and laid-out well for our needs. The fireplace was clean and pre-set for an evening fire and roasted marshmellows with the kids. Perhaps best of all, Barnsley is a self-contained little haven so I felt comfortable giving my boys permission to go outside and run around with the dog without our constant watching eye... They felt grown up and I knew they were safe. Dinner was delicious, the staff was accomodating, the grounds are always well groomed, and I got a great massage at the spa. I think that Barnsley is the perfect balance of "relaxed with luxury" and I am sure that we'll be there again and again...

• Liked — clean, relaxed, "special", privacy
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank terrapinAtlanta
Chattanooga
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2009

Our favorite place - feels like home. If you want an exceptional experience, go to Barnsley Resort. This location is very historical, relaxing, enjoyable, warm, welcoming. You can play golf, biking, canoeing, horseback riding, clay shooting, walking or do nothing but sit on the porches and drink wine. We love their wine dinners, always the best!!!

• Liked — Very comfortable, home like
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Adairsville
Hampton Inn & Suites Adairsville
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#3 of 5 in Adairsville
Hampton Inn & Suites Rome

Been to Barnsley Resort? Share your experiences!