The gardens are beautiful, but a lot smaller than I anticipated. After going to Callaway, Barnsley is "quaint", but cute.
The hotel staff was outstanding! They anticipated our needs, greeted us with a smile, and left us wanting more. I was really taken aback by the gentlemen who rented our discs (Frisbees) to us. They were chatting with my children!!
The rooms were amazing. I was shocked at how unusual they were. It was like staying in a small cape cod, complete with fireplace, separate water closet, and footed bath tub. There was even a live plant in the room!
The food was good. The food service was terrible. We ate at both restaurants. At both venues we had to go looking for our server for refilled water glasses and the final bill. It was not a good experience, especially for the price paid. And don't bother with the carrot salad. It's trying too hard and comes off as lame. The breakfast buffet was disappointing. There was little food and no plates. Understaffed, maybe? On the upside, the picnic lunch was fantastic. We got two different baskets for four people, and it was enough to feed eight. The picnic and the smores as the highlight of our stay.
Would I come again? Probably not. We had a much better stay at Callaway Gardens, which is kid friendly and enormous.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 60 miles north of Atlanta, Barnsley Resort welcomes guests into a storybook setting enhanced by genuine Southern hospitality. Encompassing 3,300 acres, the historic Barnsley Gardens offers a unique experience. Accommodations at Barnsley Resort are located within 36 unique guest cottages inspired by the architecture of Andrew Jackson Downing. There are 90 guest rooms and suites, or you may also reserve an entire cottage. Whether looking for a relaxing getaway weekend, strategic meeting or an elegant wedding, guests will discover a retreat of privacy and perfection. Amenities include regionally inspired dining, a boutique spa, and exciting recreational choices such as world-class golf,horseback riding, hiking, biking, paintball, tennis, barnyard visits and more. SpringBank Sporting Club offers a 26 station sporting clays course and upland bird hunting at SpringBank Plantation. Guests may also visit the iconic 19th century manor house ruins and historic gardens of the original Barnsley home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelClick, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and Hotwire so you can book your Barnsley Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barnsley Gardens Hotel Adairsville
- Barnsley Gardens Adairsville
- Barnsley Gardens Resort