Barnsley Resort
Knights Inn Adairsville(Adairsville)(Great Value!)
$64
Priceline
$127
Agoda.com
$67
All reviewsgolf coursewoodlands grillricethe cottageshorseback ridingbeer gardenget awayfire pitfairy godmotherskeet shootinggrounds are beautifulfront porchliving roomwalking trailsplay golfspa servicesgreat weekend
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 28, 2012

We stayed here in June of this year for a fmily function and we were pleasently suprised. We had a number of children under 8 and never had an issued keeping entertained. The food was incredible for each of our dinner functions. The greens running thru main street were perfect for playing with the kids after dinner or just sitting back with a drink. The firepits, of which the staff will light and bring you additional wood, were great for sitting around, not too close as it was June in Georgia, late into the night with a drink, a cigar and cousins! The option for paintball proved too tempting as how often do you get the chance to shoot something at a bunch of family. Painting actual liv horses for the kids was a unique experience for the kiddos as well. The pool area was great for the kids with good food to snack on. The only downside I saw over the weekend, was the limited staff at the pool to take orders for several dozen people lounging around the pool. And if you ordered a liquor concoction around the pool, you better order two, as it may take a while. Like I said, this is pretty trivial when everything else was beyond our expectations. The ruins were gorgeous at dusk with the lighting and the garden out front. The staff was nothing short of exemplary! Every little issue or concern was promptly resolved. Although it's not our pick for a romantic getawy, we are already looking forward to heading back with the kiddos for a long weekend

Room Tip: Get a cottage on the main thruway and relax being away from the city life.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 23, 2012

This facility came very highly recommended. However, we had issues with the displayed wash cloth having makeup on it (which I took to the front desk and received 3rd degree over), remote control wouldn't work, loud neighbors at 1 am partying, etc. When I left, I notified the front desk of these issues and she agreed that I had some issues but that the wash cloth was "unacceptable" and she would notify the Operations Manager. She further stated that Sarah Martinello the General Mgr. would contact me the next day (Monday the 16th). Guess what? I have never heard from them and I even went as far as calling back to make sure the GM knew about it and I left a voice mail. Guess what? Still no response! I spent over $1,000 for one night and I am amazed at the nonresponsiveness.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
13  Thank Lady1401
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Stayed here for a work function. Unfortunately had to leave the wife behind. The grounds were manicured to perfection, claw-foot tubs, every cottage decorated differently. Just fabulous. The food was outstanding and mornings drinking coffee on the porch were very memorable. The interesting story is the making of the resort and how it came about. Just an evening stroll around the grounds is worth the price alone. But factor in the golf, pool, trap shooting, hiking and horses, then combine that with a serene setting and you have a wonderful weekend stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Texazstar
Jennifer B, Manager at Barnsley Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2012

Dear Texazstar: I'm so happy that you enjoyed your meeting here at Barnsley and appreciate your nice review. I do hope you'll be able to come back soon for a weekend getaway!

Kind Regards,
Jennifer Ball

Reviewed July 9, 2012

My husband and I went to Barnsley Gardens to celebrate our 25th anniversary. We were looking for some place that was an easy drive from our home in Alabama and that had lots to do. We were very impressed with Barnsley Gardens! This was a last minute trip and the reservation desk was quick to offer us a "middle of the week" package at a discounted rate. We chose the package that gave us each a spa service. The spa was great! We both enjoyed our services.

With golfing, tennis, lawn games, skeet shooting, canoeing, hiking, pool, playgrounds, horseback riding, there is something for everyone! The grounds are beautiful and we throughly enjoyed walking through the gardens at the historic home site and museum. Very interesting! This would be a gorgeous place for a wedding.

We stayed in one of the cabins. It was one-bedroom and had a separate sitting room with a mini-fridge and coffee maker. Cute porch with swing! It was all very comfortable and charming. It does seem like the cabins and the spa area could use a little updating - nothing terrible but you can tell some of the furnishings and fixtures are a little dated for a upper level resort.

The meals were delicious. We ate poolside one day and the staff was very attentive. They brought us a sandwich and fries that we split and it was plenty! Dinner in the evening was at the main restaurant we enjoyed it very much! Since we were there during the early/mid week only one restaurant was open, so we did not get to try the fanciest restaurant but heard that it was very good.

We are going back in July to Barnsley for a family reunion. It will surely be a wonderful place for family trips because there is so much for everyone to do and it is all very contained. We would feel comfortable letting kids run around at Barnsley and enjoy all it has to offer.

Wonderful place!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jdub30375
Reviewed June 23, 2012

We loved our getaway weekend at Barnsley with six couples to celebrate a bday. Beautiful grounds, good food, nice pool. We wouldn't hesitate to go back!

• Stayed: June 2012
Management response:Responded July 6, 2012

Dear AOJackson: I am so happy you enjoyed your group's birthday getaway here at Barnsley. Thanks so much for choosing us to host your event and also for your very kind words! I hope you'll have a chance to visit with us again soon!

Warmest Regards,