“Customer Service Made Our Stay!”
Review of Barnsley Resort

Barnsley Resort
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Adairsville
Atlanta
“Customer Service Made Our Stay!”
Reviewed January 19, 2012

We went up for a quick get away and were completely impressed with the grounds, cottage(we stayed in a 1 bedroom with working fireplace) and overall ambiance of the resort. Most important was the customer service. They truly made you feel wanted and welcome.

I'd highly recommend staying there.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank petermd4

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Reviewed January 6, 2012

Spent a few days with the family to get away from the hustle and bustle of Atlanta. We enjoyed the beautiful grounds and our outstanding room. The design of the little individual rooms/cottages really is unique. My wife and I both commented that it would be a nice place to have a wedding. The restaurant/food was great though a bit expensive. Though some amenities are included free of charge we were disappointed to learn that the mountain bikes required a rental fee.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 31, 2011

We've stayed at Barnsley Gardens three times now (all in the winter) and have had a wonderful time. They have a wonderful spa, delicious restaurants and plenty of outdoor activities from golf to horseback riding to sporting clays. Both the Valentines Day And New Years packages are a must. We typically stay I one of the five one bedroom cottages - entirely peaceful and serene.

• Stayed December 2011
Reviewed December 29, 2011

I have stayed at Barnsley Gardens before and had a wonderful experience with the facilities. It was such a nice place that I wanted to have my wedding there. I contacted them to try to get a quote, and was only able to get ahold of the wedding coordinator once. I was given no choice on the menu, and a deal that was offered online was never taken into account. I responded to the first offer with an inquiry as to whether this offer would be honored, and it was never answered. It was made perfectly clear that my business was not wanted and I felt completely undervalued as a potential customer.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Marla F
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed November 24, 2011

My husband, 2 college age sons and mother-in-law spent Thanksgiving plus one night at Barnsley Gardens. It was our first time and we did not know what to expect. The service was very friendly, they went the extra mile with all our requests. The food excellent and the rooms were very clean, up to date with attractive furnishings. We plan to return in the spring because we enjoyed the gardens. There are 200 varieties of roses.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Carolyn832
Reviewed November 16, 2011

Just spent two nights at the resort and purchased two suites for our stay. A friend and I went there for some R&R and to quail hunt at their sister plantation. The rooms are showing a fair amount of wear and tear and are dated; not what I would have expected from a supposed top tier resort. All meals were assessed a 20% gratuity whether the service was good or not. I enjoyed the quail hunt and our guide Scott Sanford was great to hunt with. The price of the hunt was about 20% higher than comparable hunting preserves. Also the price of shotgun shells were almost double what I've paid at other hunting preserves. On our first night at the resort my buddy and I selected a movie to watch from a very limited set of movie offerings on the resort's Lodgenet system. The movie was so bad that we turned it off after 5 minutes. At checkout, I asked the attendant to remove the movie charge of about $11 from our billing because we didn't watch the movie. Keep in mind, we spent close to $2,000 for our two night stay at the resort. However, the attendant refused to remove the $11 movie from our bill because of "resort policy". Pretty cheesy and not a practice you'd see at a real top-tier property. So, I have to say that I left with a bad taste in my mouth after my check out experience. Small things make a difference. Maybe they should take some lessons from the Ritz Carlton.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
5 Thank bryanowens
Bethlehem, Georgia
Reviewed October 31, 2011

I have NEVER stayed at a place better than this. My husband an I were amazed by and absolutely fell in love with this place. We stayed there for our one year annivarsary and it was such a great decision!!! The staff is extremely friendly and are more than willing to accommodate your every need. Want a bit of romance added to your stay? Get in touch with the fairy godmother! YOU WON'T REGRET IT!!!!!! Seriously... I consider myself to be fairly critical of the places that I stay when I travel but I could not find one thing wrong with this place!

• Stayed October 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Adairsville
Hampton Inn & Suites Adairsville
Quality Inn
#3 of 5 in Adairsville
Hampton Inn & Suites Rome
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rome

Been to Barnsley Resort? Share your experiences!