Days Inn Acworth
$69
$97
$90
$62
Super 8 Acworth/Atlanta Area(Acworth)(Great Value!)
$61
$65
$129
TripAdvisor
All reviewsroom was cleanstay there againplenty of hot watergreat customer servicefront desk clerkwonderful staywafflescoffee makerstaff was very friendlyoff the highwayrecommend this hotelnight's sleepnice breakfastback homebiscuits and gravywaffle houseeasy access
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We tired to stay here on July 4th. After 3 rooms that were unacceptable we left.

First room, we were supposed to be the 1st occupants after the remodel. Walked in, paint and new carpet smell was strong. We understood this - even though it have us a headache. NOT ok? AC/heat unit not functioning.

We went to the front desk, the regular clerk was friendly and accommodating and upgraded us to a "suite" since it was what they had left. We get smart comments from the contractors working on the rooms off the bat about the room we are in. Comments from the smoking and drunk contractors was not what I needed right outside the door. Ohhhh but it got better. First thing that hit me was the smell (although he carpet looked brand new) of cat pee. The real issue? The shower... Apparently they are using some kind of non-spout for the tub. This was broken so while the shower ran a stream of water shot out of the "tube" at waist-ish height... Strong enough the hit the back way and splash all over the wall 4 ft away and spray half the room. Needless to stay I did not want that small STRONG stream near my genitals. Would you? I have a video that I posted, its short but shows a little of what I mean. Someone stayed there last night - how does housekeeping not catch this?

We went back to the desk, at this point I am frustrated after 10 hrs of travel in the car. Our front desk clerk was friendly, he "night manager on duty" not so much. Front desk clerk and I go check out the 3rd too together because honestly I am scared of what we will experience next. When we get in the first thing we check is the shower. She fiddles with it for 3 minutes, finally gets the shower on (she is as knowledgeable about how this odd system works too. Manual needed for customers?) Shower doesn't truly work however water is pouring out of the jets so bath and shower together? Awesome. At this point I am done. We go back to the desk to process my refund and the "night manger" per the sign tries to give me crap about how she went to our second room and didn't see what the problem is. If it wasn't for the clerk cutting her off and saying I asked for a refund and she was processing it I have no doubt she would have denied that given the chance and likely forced (or at least tried to) in to the second "ok" room. This is what upsets me the most.

The renovated rooms seem decent enough though even if the colors are awful (like who did they pay to tell them to paint the bathroom a bright shiny lime green?) But the HVAC units are old and paint stained and all 3 rooms had odors from long ago even though they were all updated and renovated. If they get management training and get their act together this could be a decent place to stay. Management doesn't know the real status of these rooms clearly. The night manager needs some real customer service training - I should never been argued with on rooms that were clearly not right. The first two rooms if adequately checked would have never been given to me, being argued into accepting it as acceptable was ridiculous and unacceptable.

There are two other places next to here. Stay there.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AmativeDame
Shiv P, Manager at Days Inn Acworth, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

We here at the Days Inn at Acworth want to extend our apologies for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay. We were under renovations at your time of stay and which understandably. Now that all is completed, we hope you will give us another chance and choose to stay with us again. Our goal is to ensure that each and every guest is happy, comfortable and satisfied.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Shiv P, General Manager at Days Inn Acworth, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2013

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Shiv P, General Manager at Days Inn Acworth, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Reviewed June 4, 2013

This hotel is under new management & they were very friendly. The room was clean & nice. The breakfast had scrambled eggs that were just the right consistency & the other offerings were varied & included Belgium waffles. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Shiv P, Guest Service at Days Inn Acworth, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

We want to thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review. We hope when you pass through again you will stop by and see us again. We do promise to feed you well once again. Thank you for staying with us. Have a wonderful day.

Reviewed May 29, 2013