“Authentic Italian”

Fusco's via Roma
Ranked #6 of 148 Restaurants in Acworth
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Fusco family invites you to experience Fusco’s Via Roma. Absorb the authentic feel of 100 year old beams & brick. Relax as you take in the rustic Tuscan colors and artwork found only in an authentic Trattoria. Feel the worries and frustrations of your day disappear as you sample the tastes, smells, and textures of our Italian cooking traditions. While our menu and recipes are as authentic as any you might find in the trattorias of Italy, we also offer cutting edge versions of many classics found on the road to Rome. Fresh Italian that echoes the classic cuisine of Bella Italia! Simple & prepared so as to emphasize the true taste of Italy’s finest ingredients. We want you to experience the love and passion for food and the ancient hospitality of a friendly and special place that is the Trattoria! As it was at my grandparent’s table in Calabria & Sicily, and always will be at Fusco’s via Roma there is always a place for you, your family, and friends. And as it is said always at the Fusco’s table: A tavola non si invecchia mai – You never age at the dinner table!
Reviewed February 24, 2019

Another Restaurant I Travel 2 hours to dine at. I grew up in the kitchen of my uncle's Sicilian restaurant.....they Caesar dressing takes me back to my childhood, EVERYTIME...as do the cooking style...many of the dishes are from Northern Italy but ALL ARE Amazing! I travel two hours to dine there at least once a month.

Reviewed February 9, 2019 via mobile

1. Disclaimer....I have loved Fusco’s since it opened. 2. The regular menu is always good, and please make a reservation (especially on weekends) because evenings are usually packed. 3. Owner is almost always on site and keeps everyone....staff, patrons, walk-ins accountable; 4. Fusco’s is willing to take risks. Some are wonderful; some less. The risks are what I love. Tonight’s grouper couldn’t be equaled from Miami to Chattanooga. I’ve previously had outstanding Sea Bass. Only disappointment is lackluster risotto.

Reviewed February 9, 2019

My wife and I had dinner at Fusco's and it was great. Together we had their bruschetta. Typically, the bruschetta we had in the past has had mozzarella cheese on it. However, Fusco's does not. And we didn't miss it. The tomatoes on top were great. It seemed all the ingredients were fresh. The toast was grilled to perfection. We chose Caesar Salads with our meals. The romaine was cold, fresh and crisp. The dressing has a wonderful flavor. I would not be surprised if it wasn't made in house. Her meal was the fish special: Grouper. It was served with Lemon Caper sauce on a bed of roasted brussel sprouts. The fish was blackened and grilled to perfection. Seasoned extremely well. The roasted sprouts were great. The little leaves that had fallen off were crisp and were coveted. I had the spaghetti with marinara sauce. We don't eat pork. So I had it without meat. The sauce was very flavorful and the basil in it seemed to be fresh. We both absolutely loved our meals. So much so that we plan to go tomorrow night but this time I'll have the fish and she’s going to try the gnocchi. By the way, I had a glass of pink Moscato. My first time having that. It was sweet, refreshing and absolutely fantastic. All of the wait staff was very attentive. Our waitress never missed a beat. She was knowledgeable, thorough and intuitive. The wait staff worked as a team. We were cared for, but were not smothered. In short, great authentic Italian food served by an excellent staff. Definitely worth the money and a return visit.

Reviewed January 10, 2019

Met some girlfriends after work. We went on a Wednesday evening (half price bottles of wine yall!!) We met Will, at the bar, who greeted us with a warm hello and was eagerly ready to explain all our options. I shared a delicious Malbec with the girls. (more than one bottle, of course. There were six of us.) Then, we delved in to the HOMEMADE Limoncello! OMG! It was sweet and full of lemon flavor! (We also saw a container with vodka and pineapples. We will try that next, for sure!! We then moved on to food. I ordered the yellowfin ahi tuna. It was cooked to perfection and absolutely delicious. My friends ordered the spaghetti squash with marinara and a side of meatballs. I was pleasantly surprised to see both items, on the sides menu. A nice pairing and you can mix and match. The squash was cooked perfectly, the sauce reeked of homemade and so did the meatballs. My other sidekick ordered the portabella stuffed mushroom. It was filled with all kinds of goodness, including several different kinds of cheese, Italian sausage and wonderful spices. It's a great little place. Very homey, little local place and you will even see the owners, traveling table to table, making sure everything is just right.

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed December 11, 2018

Exquisitely appointed with delectable tastes to savor. Just order the chef's special, whatever it is. If it is fish, it will be perfectly prepared. Pasta? Delizioso.

Date of visit: November 2018

Been to Fusco's via Roma? Share your experiences!