“I Didn't Think I'd Love It”

Henry's Louisiana Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Henry's Louisiana Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 126 Restaurants in Acworth
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed September 25, 2013

But I did!

We heard from friends about how great the food is here so we made a reservation on a Friday night for six of us. We were seated about 20 minutes past our reservation time (no biggie) and greeted by a cheerful server named Ashley. She was great -- she knows the menu well, wasn't afraid to make recommendations (I HATE it when a server won't give opinions on various menu items) and our drinks arrived in a timely manner.

First off, the cornbread in the table bread basket is nutty. NUTTY, I tellya. So dang delicious it could ruin your whole meal! ((sigh))

Secondly, the hush puppies appetizer is worth getting for the table. They are RIDICULOUS. OMG. They have jalapenos in them so prepare yourself for a little heat (I'm a baby about spicy food). They're dense the way hush puppies are, but they're moist and soft inside, and they're the kind of thing that you want to keep eating even though they might be a little too spicy, because the flavor is just THAT dang good!

The same goes for the gumbo. Holy cow, this was the BEST gumbo I've ever eaten, including the stuff I had in New Orleans. Once I tasted my friend's gumbo at the table, I wished I could cancel my entree and just the the gumbo for my dinner. It was that good!

I ordered the seared grouper special for my entree, with this amazing Creole Meuniere sauce on it. It was really good but I have to say that for ME, the king of the table was the Louisiana Ooh La La my other friend ordered.

Ooh La La indeed! I've never been a fan of seafood and pasta together, but this amazing dish combines lightly fried oysters, shrimp & crawfish with Tasso & fresh spinach over angel hair pasta, with the most delicious and NOT heavy semi-spicy cream sauce you can imagine. So so so good!

The ONLY negative for me (and the reason I only gave it 4 stars) about Henry's is that the place is *crazy loud.* That's good news for them because it means they're packed out. But if you don't dig having to nearly yell at your dining companions, try to choose a quieter night. (Not sure what night that would be).

Henry's food is way *definitely* worth the drive but make a reservation or you could end up waiting a long time for a table.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

I have lived in Acworth for 13 years and surprisingly never ate at Henry's until last weekend and boy have I been missing a real treat. I will tell you for the quality, service and value it is the best restaurant in all of ATLANTA!!! I had the ooh la la and it was fantastic. I can't eat bell peppers and our server "Amanda " went back to,the kitchen and double checked which dish would be best......she was outstanding.. Food was out of this world, service was fabulous and all for a very reasonable price. You can not go wrong with HENRY's!!!!

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Henry's is an interesting place, oddly located in a suburb of Atlanta. Authentic and terrific Cajun food, boisterous atmosphere, engaged owner. Chef Henry made it a point to great guests with beads, and continuously walked around the restaurant making sure everyone's needs were taken care of. The fried green tomatoes were the best I've eaten, and the cornbread perfectly done. My wife had the crab casserole (I don't recall what it's called on the menu) and she loved it. I tried the Jambalaya and found it tasty, but not quite hot enough. We'll definitely be back.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Henry goes to every table which not every proprietor does today. Want even better service, bring girls. REsult will be beads for sure, and potential for free shots.

Fried lobster was cooked perfectly (I am now a New Englander, so I know). Not over cooked at all. Gumbo to rival any true New Orleans joint.

Big new Orleans party atmosphere. Luck there was no line on a wednesday night, was told there is always a line.

Waitresses are attractive yet very nice personality.
Business meal if you know your customers well. Not a formal place at all.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

My husband and I celebrated our anniversary here and we were really happy we did so. The food is incredible. Everything we had we loved. We both had the Ooh La La and it was DELICIOUS!! We had the appetizer special pork ribs and etoufee, which again was amazing. You have to order dessert...we couldn't make up our minds so we got the bread pudding (awesome) and the chocolate cobbler (awesome). So not only is the food great but the service is just as great. Our server was great. She was very personable and we enjoyed talking to her. The manager came around to see how we enjoyed things and we was a delight as well. We had no complaints at all about our visit. We will definitely be back again soon.